Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi Tethering?

Does anybody know if a rooted Echo can do wifi tethering without having to pay the $29.99 to Sprint?

Yes, you can.
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Just sold my evo and bought a used Echo, nice little phone. Easy to Root and add wifi. Took 3 minutes, down load z4root and wifi both in the market place. Easy as heck.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by boggs3010 View Post
    Just sold my evo and bought a used Echo, nice little phone. Easy to Root and add wifi. Took 3 minutes, down load z4root and wifi both in the market place. Easy as heck.
    Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

No problem glad I could help. Your welcome.

Let me know if there's any swearing or threats on your bill. If not, maybe I'll try it. But this is one phone that doesn't need a PC next to it...

I've been using rooted Sprint phones with Wireless Tether for years now and have yet to be charged.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Tiamat 2.1.0 Manta Ray

What else do I do after installation? I turn it on but can't find the connection on my xoom.

Android4Life

Xoom Unlocked, Rooted, Themed, and Overclocked at 1.4, now testing 1.5.

Default Re: Wifi Tethering?

when i did the z4 mod it stays in the loading screen " running exploit in order to obtain root access..."
    how long should this take?

ROM
    Mofish 2.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by marktheshark View Post
    when i did the z4 mod it stays in the loading screen " running exploit in order to obtain root access..."
    how long should this take?
    Shouldn't take very long at all if I remember right, it was the first thing I did when I got mine.

I had the same z4root hang that marktheshark reported on my echo.

Not really an Echo question, but nonetheless:

I have a rooted Echo, Android 2.3.4, and installed Wireless Tether last night. Two problems:

1. I swear that I saw an option to allow 2 or 4 users to tether, somewhere during initial setup - or was that while trying the standard market app? Can this be configured to allow more than 2? When my 3rd device joined, device #2 was knocked off. Moved to this thread.

2. My Windows 11" tablet can putter around on the internet (at unbelievably slow speeds, but that's another issue). My roommate's notebook (don't know the OS, except Windows) can do the same. MY desktop, however (Windows 7) can connect via WiFi, but that's it. I cannot get internet connection. I've tried reboots on both Echo & desktop. Moved to this thread.

Any help? Esp on issue 2!
    Last edited by IAmBroom; 12-15-2011 at 09:37 AM.