Echo Update 1.001SP OTA on June 2nd!

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Beat me to it, I just read it at work. :)

Just bought the phone yesterday as a go between from Evo to Evo 3d. A nice little phone. And I have had the power issue when unplugging and the senor is slow. I cant hang up phone calls.

bobsterco

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated

Manually requested the update.
Took my Echo from Software Version 1.001SP to 1.100SP.
No issues during update.
Hoping it does resolve the reboots and screen blanking during calls.

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
when I updated, I got Error messages, Error code 8507, the download could not completed, please contact Sprint..

Any body experience it??

james33440

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
when I updated, I got Error messages, Error code 8507, the download could not completed, please contact Sprint..

Any body experience it??

I tried it over 3G with the same error. I'll try it over wifi later.

Those of you with this error are you rooted. I am and I assumed that this was the cause of the problem.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that could be it. Possibly a matching failure caused it to abort. You may need to back up, reset, roll patch and re-root, restore. Makes me glad I didn't. Even though an ARM port of Ubuntu Unity would be damned hilarious to see...

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that could be it. Possibly a matching failure caused it to abort. You may need to back up, reset, roll patch and re-root, restore. Makes me glad I didn't. Even though an ARM port of Ubuntu Unity would be damned hilarious to see...

I'm having the same problem on my echo and I think its because I cant restore the echo top apps apk using tb. Ang idea how to flash back to stock so all of the original apps will come back? I have a backed up copy of the app but cant restore it in tb. Ive also gone through my tb backups to find the apk and if I try to install it that way it just fails...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ive already tried a factory data reset but that doesn't reinstall the missing app. I'm able to reinstall evening but the top apps app.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I received an insurance replacement of my Echo today and got the same 8507 error (I've memorized it at this point). After an hour with three levels of support having me do stuff I had done before, restart, factory reset, etc., They said I'll need to take it to a service store or get the insurance to send me another one. This particular update is not push-able from their end.

So something else is going on besides not matching the stock state - my current one is brand new today.

sabbys

james33440

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's not related to being rooted. Same error if it was stock. Oh well, this phone was just suppose to get me by until the EVO 3d or better comes out by the end if the yearwhen my upgrade becomes available.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The technician at Sprint re-flashed my Echo with the base image/OS and after that it accepted the OTA patch and successfully installed it. So now my phone is at 1.1000sp now.

YMMV but this route worked for my situation.

sabby

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The technician at Sprint re-flashed my Echo with the base image/OS and after that it accepted the OTA patch and successfully installed it. So now my phone is at 1.1000sp now.

YMMV but this route worked for my situation.

sabby

I may try that later today. Will report back if it fixes it cornmeal as well.

-John
Sent from somewhere using something.

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone replaced again today and it still won't apply the damn update.

When they flasged your phone did they just reflash the image at the store or did they just do a factory default?