Boot up screens / Rooting?

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Can the silly boot music and logos be removed on this phone? I seem to be reading a lot about "rooting" phones. Can the Commando be rooted as well? I would like to get all the stupid stuff that came with the phone from Verizon off because all it does is annoy me.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was searching rooting the Commando on Google at work and came apon this site:

How To Root The Casio GzOne Commando

It does not go into any real detail. Has anyone else used this program or done this to their Commando yet? I'd like to know more about rooting before I mess my phone up. All I really want to do it get all the bloatware off the phone to free up space, and speed it up a little.

Anyones input/help would be great. Thank you.

droidecon

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you do it yourself, did it make a lot of difference? I've been thinking about doing it too. There's so much junk on here I don't want.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I did do it myself. I wouldn't say it made a huge difference in phone speed, but did free up space and get all the stupid icons and stuff out of the way. Got a free tethering application and well as an ad blocker. If you can figure out what to do, you are smart enough to do it. If not, please don't do it and mess your phone up. Good luck :)

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have this phone and have it modified as much as I can so far. Rooted, removed verizon crapware and then replaced the dock clock with a froyo one. The replaced clock is a huge bonus and with the crapware removed my battery life improved a little.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have this phone and have it modified as much as I can so far. Rooted, removed verizon crapware and then replaced the dock clock with a froyo one. The replaced clock is a huge bonus and with the crapware removed my battery life improved a little.

Are you talking about the screen that comes up when you have it on the charging dock? How much different is it? I can't stand how it does not fully go off, and how the LED light on the side blinks all night as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae