Finally got it!

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my echo. I've been wanting this phone for awhile. I got it about a week ago, but here's the problem. I bought it off Craigslist and when i try to activate it, it says its still on someone's account! So i contacted the guy and sprints making him pay his bill first! What kind of idiot sells the phone before the phones ready to be used. So who knows how long it'll be before this can be my everyday phone. Errr

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Since that ESN is still under his account Sprint will have to remove it from his before it can moved to yours. It'll take the guy paying his account off before you can use it. The device might as well have a bad ESN since you can't use it yet. Talk to Sprint though....they might go ahead and do it for you. Just plead your case and besides its not like your not going to be paying your bill. ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing bought a galaxy II, used for a week! - was still on the other person's account. Sprint stated there was nothing they could do but they did let me sell it to them through the buyback program. I was not a happy camper but sold it for more than bought it for so guess it ended well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i think I'm going to keep calling them cause this guys a Jack***. I paid him & traded him a Sanyo zio. Crappy phone but, does anyone know if i can call sprint and tell them it was stolen or something? Just so he can't use it or sell it (hopefully).

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I know sprint tried to attach the serial number to my account because they were then going to send the "locked" phone in and replace with insurance....but the guy owed too much money.....try that approach?!?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i think I'm going to keep calling them cause this guys a Jack***. I paid him & traded him a Sanyo zio. Crappy phone but, does anyone know if i can call sprint and tell them it was stolen or something? Just so he can't use it or sell it (hopefully).

You can always call Sprint and report the phone lost or stolen, grant you it wouldn't be true...but it would prevent the guy from using the phone. Of course you could try to contact the guy directly again and ask him what his deal is.

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's help. Last Thursday, the guy emailed me saying he checked UPS and his new phone was supposed to be there at 5pm. Of course I've tried to activate the echo everyday and its still on his account. So I'm probably going to go ahead and report the Zio stolen so he can't use it. This guys a real bum, if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy