ECHO Micro USB Host

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, what are you trying to plug in? Its gonna depend on the phone even being able to supply enough power.

I don't believe another drive would mount anyways, prob require rooting and then a custom rom. Not to sure though.

Sent from my Xoom

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about internet but I'm pretty sure the drive won't mount. Why use the cable to connect to internet anyway?

Sent from my Xoom

stoff

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I am of Polish and there is no sim card slot ECHO so I can not be used as a phone because I wanted to CONNECT external modem and have a permanent internet connection. And if something can wogole August connect into it by a cable micro usb HOST?

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting for usb tethering under wireless settings, then wifi settings. Not sure how it goes with tethering, I have never tried it.

The phone will work over wifi without a service plan. It could be used as a wifi phone, if you had something like Google Voice.

Sent from my Xoom

stoff

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll say this does not need it as a phone but have a permanent internet connection and use it as a tablet or something like that. Is possible that such an option?

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you could do that. The phone is going to have wifi regardless of what the carrier does. Mine is completely wifi now, I just cut my service yesterday but still use my echo.

Works pretty well actually, definatly seems smoother for some reason. As long as you have a mobile hotspot or wifi where you are, you should be fine, always connected.

Sent from my Echo

stoff

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the information but do not understand until the end how to do this would have permanent access to the internet if you are able to somehow explain this to me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12