Internal Memory Warning Won't Go Away

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have a user who has the Pantech Breakout. She constantly has the low memory warning on her notification bar. She only has 25MB of internal storage left, so I guess the message is understandable, however, it appears she has moved all she can to the SD card. The amount of bloatware on that thing is phenomenal! I have a rooted Thunderbolt with CM7 so I've forgotten about the horror of bloatware especially on a device like this that has practically no internal storage and you can't uninstall that stuff.

Any magical advice on a solution for this? Even if we could just get that message to go away, that would be better than nothing.

Thanks,

aimeeattitude

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
"As a fan of rooting, I wish I was able to on this phone! Bloatware = teh suck." - Root it. I just did it, flashed a ROM and buh-bye bloatware, hello TONS of free space.

Last edited:

maggiemayhem

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
i need help and don't understand your fix could you please explain in laymans terms. i am old school and don't understand all this tech stuff. but would reallyl like to get rid of the low memory on my phone. thanks :confused:

joshoj

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, my Pantech Breakout is rooted and I am using Titanium Backup. I have deleted a few of the pre-installed apps using Titanium Backup, but my available memory does not seem to increase. Please advise.

"As a fan of rooting, I wish I was able to on this phone! Bloatware = teh suck." - Root it. I just did it, flashed a ROM and buh-bye bloatware, hello TONS of free space.

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Clean the Dalvik cache (under additional options in Titanium Backup). You'll be prompted regarding how much additional space you can free up.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Android Central Forums

njckrall

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Memory prob won't go away. I've deleted apps, email accounts, messages. Android Booster shows plenty of internal memory, but the TASK MANAGER still shows less memory than ever - 345 of 346 used.

Not rooted, don't have instructions to. 1st, can't the memory be fixed w/out rooting?
2nd, can you provide rooting instructions, if that's my only or far best option?

-Nick

Hi_Tech_Redneck

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
1. You need to root your phone.
I rooted my Breakout using this and had no problem:

http://androidforums.com/breakout-a...ntech-breakout-root-cwm-recovery-all-one.html

Rooting your phone is the only way to freeze/disable/remove stock apps. I used titanium backup to freeze/uninstall bloatware. Highly recommended.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

10011101 said:
Clean the Dalvik cache (under additional options in Titanium Backup). You'll be prompted regarding how much additional space you can free up.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Android Central Forums

Between these two suggestions, my daughters phone has freed up more than half of memory, and also moving whatever apps that would move, moved to the sd card. No more notifications.
Thank you both

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital