Trying to decide: Transform Ultra vs. ZTE Warp?

RebeccaMI

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Galaxy Prevail (on Boost) but I am running into problems with the low amount of built-in memory on that phone and need to upgrade. (I'm down to just one app other than the factory-installed ones that I can't remove without voiding the warranty and I'm still at only 16% available memory!) At first I was leaning toward the Transform Ultra because of my familiarity with the Samsung brand, but I've read some reviews such as C|Net and PCMag that make it sound like a less-than-stellar choice. However the ZTE brand is not familiar to me at all, and that makes me a little wary.

Other than making phone calls, I do lots of texting, some emailing, some web browsing, some using of apps, and some picture-taking and video. (It's not my primary camera though. I have a digital camera that I use for when I really want pictures to be good.) I shut down my phone at night because I don't want wrong-number calls at 3am waking me up. It would be nice to be able to have at least one game on my phone so I have something to do when I'm waiting in line at the supermarket or the DMV. Being able to make video calls isn't important to me, and I don't need to have a slide-out keyboard because I personally like SWYPE waaay better.

Reactions: Buellxb9

freesunshine

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I know exactly what you're talking about regarding the Prevail. You install few apps and next thing you know you're build-in memory is getting full. I had the Prevail and upgraded to ZTE Warp. And I tell you what, I'm sooo glad I did. I also was wary about ZTE brand as never heard of it until Boost introduced it. But I have no major issues with it since I’ve acquired couple months ago.

First of all, besides the obvious, I've never had to worry about running out of built-in memory and move any apps to SD card. Would have been nice if ZTE Warp had a front facing camera but just as you have mentioned, I didn’t care about the front camera and the slide-out keyboard. Going from Prevail's 3.2" screen to Warp's 4.3" is night and day. I can barely see what's on the Prevail now that I'm use to seeing things on the Warp...or it could be just my old age. :) None the less, the Transform is not much bigger than the Prevail, only 3.5" screen. Not to mention, Warp is $30 cheaper. I know I’ve only mentioned few things but judging from your post and what you’re looking for, I highly recommend ZTE Warp. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

PS…Warp doesn’t come with SWYPE so you’ll have to install it from their website. They do however come with XT9 which you also can “SWYPE” it.

Reactions: Buellxb9

RebeccaMI

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How much app storage memory does the Warp have? And what is the total memory? (Someone else either in another post or on another forum suggested that the Warp would not have enough available memory to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich when that rolls around for android phones.)

How is the call quality?

Penguins r Cute

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the galaxy prevail from Boost but within a fee days needed to return it due to the volume control didn't work. I then saw the ZTE Warp and loved the big screen and bought it. The memory on the prevail was terrible and the memory on the Warp is great. I've already downloaded 6 apps and barely used any room. I was told it had a front facing camera but it doesn't. So far no probs but not happy w the battery life. If anyone knows of a good battery saving app please post it. The Warp also has a task killer built in. I had Metro PCS and internet was terrible I switched to Boost wow what a difference.

emeraldtraveler

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Can someone for the love of all that is holy please just friggin say how much memory the friggin ZTE Warp has for apps? I have looked at a number for threads and checked out the crap that androidcentral calls a review of the device, yet i cant seem to find out how much memory it has. Even ppl who HAVE THE PHONE can't even manage to squeeze out a number...just give a wonderfully useless " memory is great" line. Can someone just tell me how much memory for apps the ZTE Warp has??? That would be great. Thanks.

RebeccaMI

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe it has a little under 3GB for apps. If I go to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications, on the bottom of the screen it says 200MB used 2.5GB available.

Is that the kind of more concrete answer you were looking for? :)

ETA: I decided on the Warp. I've only had it for two or three weeks but so far I love this phone!

Buellxb9

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Its hard too kill this fone and easy to root at new. After phone crashed and installed new firmware b08c can't root for nothing...:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11