If only it had a 720P display

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone I mean. It looks awesome, but in the age of the 720P display it seems like a miss on ASUS's part.

qHD is nothing to sneeze at, but 720P is where it's at these days. :)

Still like the concept of docking into a tablet a lot. I bet the carriers require a tethering plan if you get the tablet with the phone.

Here's the hands-on for anyone that hasn't taken a look yet.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing when I saw that HTC's One S is only getting qHD. Not so bad if your current phone is low-res, but it's hard to step back from a full HD screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
AND nobody talked about the camera. Two things make or break a phone for me. The screen and camera. Both need to be excellent for me to really like it. :)

hargoth#AC

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Two PadPhones, one for me, one for my lady, and one tablet, and one keyboard dock.

I have owned the Transformer and keyboard dock and loved it. I gave it to my dad (age 86) and mom so they can read books and surf together while listening to music on the big screen TV. I set them up with a wireless keyboard and mouse so they can run it from the couch.. They are SO CUTE doing that! :)

So I have been eagerly anticipating the PadPhone/Pad.

I also am slightly dissapointed in the phone screen resolution, and I was looking forward to the rumored Tegra 3 inside.

So its all slightly less than perfect, but my main reason for Tegra 3 has been in anticipation of Sony opening up the entire PSN Network catalog to Tegra 3 based Android devices. But now it looks like they want to stay limited to Sony only phones for that. Its a shame, because the PS3 controller works like a charm with the Transformer.

My main app for phones is book reading, so the better quality screen vs the lower quality 720p displays might be ok, but ...

All said I will still be getting two phones and a pad and a keyboard unless I see something else that even comes close, which I did not see from MWC.

Better phones, yes, but with vendor UI overlays I don't care for. Better cameras, yes, but that is not a show stopper for me.

Not having to tether or have a seperate data account on the tablet is a MAJOR win. So all the plusses still win, for me.

Jayh106

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Am a bit miffed about the specs of the phone, was really looking forward to this. Not to say I wont get one but I will now look out for the reviews before I purchase it.

ctys2ard

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
According to the spec of Asus Padfone, we find that Padfone and Padfone station have different resolution, and I'm considering which video resolution qHD 960x540 or WXGA 1280x800 should I set for my video files to play?

u can set it at 1080 if u want. both the phone and station can handle up to 1080 with no issue. i you're thinking about space, the ones on the market now have 32GB internal and expandle memory up to 32GB as well, no worries :D

ctys2ard

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
AND nobody talked about the camera. Two things make or break a phone for me. The screen and camera. Both need to be excellent for me to really like it. :)

the camera is quite promising with its f2.2 lense. however, i still think One X has better camera despite they run fairly similar camera hardware. perhaps the software plays a part

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Any word on this coming to the US? I have Sprint which is cdma so I'm not holding my breath :(

From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar