Get a free Android Phone?

Emma

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Giveaway message about Android Phone offered by Wirefly on CNET was be found:
Weekend steal: Get a free Android phone | The Cheapskate - CNET News

There is no free lunch in the world. So how does it work if I'm already a Verizon customer and I have a corporate discount - does Wirefly work with that? Even a bonus deal is offered, HD Video Converter for Mac users to satisfy Android users.
If it is possible, how can they make money?

LinuxKnight

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This is a limited time offer, for one.

For another, its the old "give away the razor, charge for the blades" type of thing. The phone is free (most are subsidized price anyway when you buy them on contract), but you have to pay the contract price (monthly bill), and for Android phones you also have to pay for the data access plan.

This similar situation is true of all carriers (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mo, etc).

As for the discount, I don't know for sure, but AFAIK, Verizon will still apply it to your contract (corp discount doesn't apply to the phones, besides how can you discount free). You may want to call Verizon customer service to be sure. Wirefly doesn't actually sell you the contract, only the phone, they submit your contract upgrade/extension/etc to Verizon who has to approve it, and also serve it.

HTH

Emma

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I carefully view their news. If we would like to get this free android phone, we need to pay $35 for activation. Only HD video converter is free. That company is really craft. They just use another way to get their money back, not really free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21