about adding ringtones

don1956

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a G'zOne Commando. Do I have to root it to add ringtones that I have downloaded. And also when I receive a text with an attachment the phone automatically removes it. Hoe can I stop this?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
No... make sure you have a folder on the sd card (external storage) named "ringtones" and place all of the mp3 ringtone files in there. You can do this from your computer with the phone connected by the USB cable or download a file manager app like "astro file manager" from the Play Store and move the files/ringtones that way.

Reactions: don1956

don1956

May 28, 2012
Visit site
After installing the C771 drivers I now have my phone recognized. I there a "how to" somewhere on the site. I was unable to locate one for ringtones

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Here (use Mass Storage option): USB Mass Storage - Casio? G'zOne Commando?

Related thread:http://forums.androidcentral.com/casio-gzone-commando/137282-where-download-ringtones.html

Another option:
You can also just email them to your phone from your computer

Example: 5552223333@vzwpix.com

Save the attached ringtone..... default saves to the download folder on the SD card.

Then go to the "music" icon and it will show up on the list. Press and hold the ringtone name and that brings up a menu which allows you to save the 'song' as a ringtone.

don1956

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. but I have already read the thread, and I know how to change to the connection to mass storage. Plus the problem I have with sending the tone email or texts is that the phone removes the attachments.
so my ignorance continues