What a great idea!!!

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This device looks like a brilliant idea.. Judging by the leaked specs and the video this will be a close rival to the HTC One X+ plus if the phone docs in a tablet one would presume that you could use the phones data connection on the tablet.

Can't wait for more detail on 10/16!!!

MG

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm now selling my HTC One X, because I got my Padfone 2 delivered few days ago. I didn't consider One X+ because: 1. I was bored with the phone after owning it for 6(?) months, 2. X+ is still only 1GB RAM and not much of an improvement over X.
So far it's great, but not without issues. Nothing that reboot wouldn't solve. OTG cable works. MHL adapter works too. Screen is great, didn't compare with One X side by side, but definitely at least same quality. And in general so mach snappier. Also remember that when docked, you get different homescreen, so it's not just enlarged phone.

LuisBernal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey schriss, where did you get your Padfone 2 and how much was it? Also what carrier do you have? I am seriously considering getting one shipped to me but don't know anyone who has done it. I still have an unlimited plan for Verizon and need to find out if it would work since it does have LTE capabilities.

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got it from eBay, it was international version, it's good for europe. I think it should work on LTE networks around here because it's supporting the right spectrum bands.
I'm in Ireland on O2 network. No problem so far. Total cost is around 800 Euro for both the Padfone 2 and Padfone 2 Station.
There is few people who have imported it too on http://www.padfoneclub.com

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the info. Anyone using the Padfone 2 in the US and which carrier if you are?

It is not released for use in the US and is not registered with the FCC so not likely to ever come here. Which is sad because I have wanted one for months now but still nothing with the FCC which would be the first indicator of carrier interest here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan