DIsplay shuts off during call

flapjacksmike

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to shut this feature off? To be more specific, when I make a call to anyone, even if I don't put the phone up to my face, the screen goes black, and I have to hit the power button to turn the screen back on, swipe the lock button, and then I'm back to the call. Really frustrating when you have to enter an extension number or call tech support for instance where they normally ask you to enter at least three separate numbers before you can talk to someone.

My screen timeout is set to 2 minutes, but the blackout is at the beginning of the call, almost exactly when I hit the green button. It also continues to occur through the call, so making a conference call difficult or multitasking with a browser while making a call.

Thank you for your time.

flapjacksmike

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This is for the kyocera echo which never get upgraded to ice cream sandwich because it was discontinued. The call settings only have voicemail settings, international dailing, north american dialing, tty mode, and internet call settings.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a setting for that. I believe its in the display settings, I can't check because I broke my echo a few weeks back. I remember seeing something for that, I wish I could check.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind. I could have sworn there was. Its using the light sensor, when its close to your face it blacks the screen so your not pushing buttons. When you move it away from your face it should come back up automatically. Give it a sec or 2 and see if it comes back, you might be locking it if your pushing the button to fast.

Mdcol

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind. I could have sworn there was. Its using the light sensor, when its close to your face it blacks the screen so your not pushing buttons. When you move it away from your face it should come back up automatically. Give it a sec or 2 and see if it comes back, you might be locking it if your pushing the button to fast.

I really wish posters would read the original complaint, instead of giving generic advice.
The problem was
"To be more specific, when I make a call to anyone, even if I don't put the phone up to my face, the screen goes black, "

It's not a proximity thing, but rather a problem that happens the moment you press the dial button.

In my case, it happened after flashing an upgrade, so I'm hoping there is an easier way of rectifying this problem, rather than another flashing.

Paul Wilkinson1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
ok. i had a screen saver on my phone and had the very same problem. the screen saver was covering the light sensor at the top of the phone. i took the screen saver off and the phone worked perfectly. i'm gonna trim my screen saver appropriately. hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87