D2 Pad Rooting and Google Play

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Everything you need to install google play is in this thread including a how to.... As far as a new ROM, I don't think there is one yet..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

thatdbaclk

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I found the the GApps was missing on my Device. I have an outstanding question with D2 Support on why it was not installed (maybe because this device is not a supported Google Device). If you install the GApps you should be able to access the PlayStore. You should be able to download a Signed Version for ICS 4.0.4 from Goo.IM or by going here: Google Apps - RootzWiki

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought a D2 and i cant get the Kindle App to work... i downloaded a few books and cant see the words :( i have called customer service which doesnt know anything! i have memorized the instructions and i have tried to down load the upgrade... NOT WORKING!!!! UGH! is there something i can do diretly ON THE tablet and not have to download some link on to a PC and extract it to the tablet? i am NOT a computer wiz! LOL!

Mike Carew

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
For anyone who couldnt get this method to work

first im running d2 pad, android 4.1.1, serial 201301, so the newest I've seen so far

the method here worked great for me
[RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit - xda-developers
just follow toolkit instructions exactly
google play store works with no problems latest version after install
(found apk through simple google search then converted to system app via titanium backup)

aragorn05

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. What's going on is lovely chinese quality control... some of the root files for google services are missing on some of the tablets. It was not hard to fix but figuring it out was frustrating. I again have bigjake to thank for the fix. I'll tell you how I fixed it. The app names are in " ".

1. Follow the steps listed by bigjake on the first page of this thread install "SuperSu" from the 1Mobile Market store (to make sure your tablet is rooted... I don't know what that means but it seems to be important), followed by the google "Market" app (Found here: Google Play>> https://www.box.com/shared/91mm4qpqfsw9risc2uee ), then "Titanium Backup" (Found here: Titanium Backup>> https://www.box.com/shared/gevpiazj5q14riad46vl ). Thanks to bigjake for the files. You will need to go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet find and click on the "Downloads" app and install the files you downloaded (just click on them and install).... Don't bother trying to open the market just yet, you'll just get annoyed.

2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute...

3. Now you can open Google Market, you will need to click on the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet scroll left or right and find "Market", add your account to your system, and it will FINALLY take you to the old Market App, browse for a bit, close the app, and it will automatically update to "Google Play" (may take a while to update). IF THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, and you get the lovely open market, ask for acct, close routine already mentioned by a few others on this thread.
The following steps fixed my problems...

4. Download the files mentioned by bigjake for Braunish (Found here: https://www.box.com/shared/4czakah4xyc8n47m2sth ). Now go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet. This time find and click on the "File Manager" app. Scroll down to the "downloads" file and click on it... inside you will see the "d2googleapp.zip" file. Click on it then click the "extract here" option. A list of seven files will appear. These are the google client files that D2 somehow forgot to include on your system. You will need to click on each of them in turn installing them on your tablet (theyre not big). Now for the complicated part.

5. Go back to "Titanium Backup" and tap on back up and restore and find the seven apps that you just installed (they should have white text) you will need to click on every one of them (slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down), and click "convert to system app" this will take a about 5-10 minutes... After all is said and done try runnig the Market (Again it is in the the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet, scroll right or left).

IF this still doesn't fix your problem you are likely missing additional files, and I don't know how to help... This is my second post ever on this site and i'm sure it shows that i'm no computer programmer.... I hope this helps someone though... Good luck and Merry Christmas, gotta go I hear sleigh bells....

I did not convert the 7 or so google files into system apps; I just left it as user apps and it still works so people can skip that step. I just converted the google play into system app. remaining steps r perfect, very useful info for the d2 pad users!!!

aragorn05

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
can any1 help me with this 1, I know that d2 came pre rooted as titanium is working fine, installed google play and is working fine. but I am having problem with superuser, I installed superuser but it is not prompting me the apps that need su permmision. so I installed supersu but it says that su binary is not found. can any1 tell me how to get the binary back in and get this superuser working?

Update:
I have no clue wheather it is rooted or not because when I use root checker it says that it is not rooted but titanium back up can use root access through superuser but not other apps. I tried installing su binary zip file through recover but no use.

Can any tell me how to root the device properly and whether and how I can install the CWM recovery on the device?

Update 2:

I figured it out; I searched google for root allwinner a13 and it lead me to this thread Allwinner A13 generic android tablet 4.0.4 root - xda-developers, n followed the insturctions there, it worked. just make sure that u install the adb driver for the device; I used this Adb Driver - Universal Android USB Driver for the driver. All is fine now as root checker recognizes the root and super user is prompting me the apps.

Last edited:

Amy Lathrop

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
These were only instructions I could make heads or tails of. Only "three dots in the corner, slide finger to left" didn't exist when I did it. Still don't know what you were talking about. But minus all that, It worked. Only problem I'm having now no apps will update because it says they have a different signature. I'm using 1mobile to update...so how did their signatures get changed?I understand why Ti BackUp doesn't have the same signature, I don't get why my previously installed apps have a different signature now. Any help with that would be great.

FiveFingerz

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
This was my first time getting into an andriod based OS, I've had no formal training but have been a DIY'er for quite some time when it comes to computers. I followed Bigjakes directions on the first page, things ran smoothly and i got Google Play up on the first go round then ran into the small problem of getting into the section to download apps which was easily solved simply by logging in to play with my google account and then presto. I'm not gonna lie this did take me a few hours to understand the logistics of everything but I nailed it down pretty well.

My D2 is Model D201209 vers 4.04.

Thanks to all that helped, thereal_bigjake and jyoungun76, great guide even for a semi-novice, Below is what i did:

Followed this part-

I figured it out. What's going on is lovely chinese quality control... some of the root files for google services are missing on some of the tablets. It was not hard to fix but figuring it out was frustrating. I again have bigjake to thank for the fix. I'll tell you how I fixed it. The app names are in " ".

1. Follow the steps listed by bigjake on the first page of this thread install "SuperSu" from the 1Mobile Market store (to make sure your tablet is rooted... I don't know what that means but it seems to be important), followed by the google "Market" app (Found here: Google Play>> https://www.box.com/shared/91mm4qpqfsw9risc2uee ), then "Titanium Backup" (Found here: Titanium Backup>> https://www.box.com/shared/gevpiazj5q14riad46vl ). Thanks to bigjake for the files. You will need to go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet find and click on the "Downloads" app and install the files you downloaded (just click on them and install).... Don't bother trying to open the market just yet, you'll just get annoyed.

2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute...

3. Now you can open Google Market, you will need to click on the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet scroll left or right and find "Market", add your account to your system, and it will FINALLY take you to the old Market App, browse for a bit, close the app, and it will automatically update to "Google Play" (may take a while to update). IF THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, and you get the lovely open market, ask for acct, close routine already mentioned by a few others on this thread.

Also I believe someone posted about not knowing what the 3 dots were? Its the 3 vertical dots in the very top right hand corner of the google play or market screen, if you cant see them you shouldn't be attempting this.

I did not have to do the below section everything went as planned afterwards, I did have to reboot a few times in between though.

4. Download the files mentioned by bigjake for Braunish (Found here: https://www.box.com/shared/4czakah4xyc8n47m2sth ). Now go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet. This time find and click on the "File Manager" app. Scroll down to the "downloads" file and click on it... inside you will see the "d2googleapp.zip" file. Click on it then click the "extract here" option. A list of seven files will appear. These are the google client files that D2 somehow forgot to include on your system. You will need to click on each of them in turn installing them on your tablet (theyre not big). Now for the complicated part.

5. Go back to "Titanium Backup" and tap on back up and restore and find the seven apps that you just installed (they should have white text) you will need to click on every one of them (slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down), and click "convert to system app" this will take a about 5-10 minutes... After all is said and done try runnig the Market (Again it is in the the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet, scroll right or left).

IF this still doesn't fix your problem you are likely missing additional files, and I don't know how to help... This is my second post ever on this site and i'm sure it shows that i'm no computer programmer.... I hope this helps someone though... Good luck and Merry Christmas, gotta go I hear sleigh bells....

Hunt TXhogs

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello All -

Never owned an Android device before, brought one home from the BigLots for 89.00 bucks.

It works fine until I try to use the Youtube App with my gmail account, says Google Play services..... Okay so anyway I try the steps outlined in this thread and get stumped with Titanium Backup, it says it cannot access the Root drive. Also with SuperSU if I select normal it crashes, if I select the alternative it does nothing to show me rooted or not.

I think perhaps some things have changed since the beginning of this thread, imagine that - technology being a dynamic thing :p

This unit comes with Jelly Bean OS which i figure is part to blame.

Here are the specs of the latest model (excuse the crap photo)

IMG-20130407-00469_zps2a75b5b5.jpg

IMG-20130407-00470_zps0d4cd3e9.jpg

So messing around last night I was able to finally log in with my gmail acct on the Youtube App however the Google market still crashes.

How to I root the device and attain Nirvana?

Thx,

HTH

Emily Rogers1

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So fishbear. In all reality it is a decent device to have? There are certain apps that I want it for. I had about 2 weeks ago and returned it because Mobile market would not load. If there are steps to take to make the device work they way they claim it to, then I may go and get another one. Please let me know what you think. I have seen your name mentioned on another android forum about how you know what to do with this tablet. :)

boa999

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have D2-711 with 4.0.4 on it. Bought it at Amazon. I came rooted and had all the support files needed for Google Play. I installed the vending.apk to an SD card and moved it using "/system/app move" which I found on 1Mobile. Works great. The "/system/app move" app is better than Titanium for this purpose. Besides, the latest release of Titanium Free version won't do a conversion. You'll have get the $5.99 version

dugannag

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
you need this for you tab hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699 replace the hxxp with http. this worked for me i have the same tablet as Hunt Txhog.

Last edited:

Ghostbomber

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Got my market working with this, but I didn't have to convert the services only the market app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress