D2 Pad Rooting and Google Play
10-04-2014 02:13 AM
- Hello All -
Never owned an Android device before, brought one home from the BigLots for 89.00 bucks.
It works fine until I try to use the Youtube App with my gmail account, says Google Play services..... Okay so anyway I try the steps outlined in this thread and get stumped with Titanium Backup, it says it cannot access the Root drive. Also with SuperSU if I select normal it crashes, if I select the alternative it does nothing to show me rooted or not.
I think perhaps some things have changed since the beginning of this thread, imagine that - technology being a dynamic thing
This unit comes with Jelly Bean OS which i figure is part to blame.
Here are the specs of the latest model (excuse the crap photo)
So messing around last night I was able to finally log in with my gmail acct on the Youtube App however the Google market still crashes.
How to I root the device and attain Nirvana?
HTH04-07-2013 11:23 AM
- So fishbear. In all reality it is a decent device to have? There are certain apps that I want it for. I had about 2 weeks ago and returned it because Mobile market would not load. If there are steps to take to make the device work they way they claim it to, then I may go and get another one. Please let me know what you think. I have seen your name mentioned on another android forum about how you know what to do with this tablet.04-08-2013 03:43 PM
- I have D2-711 with 4.0.4 on it. Bought it at Amazon. I came rooted and had all the support files needed for Google Play. I installed the vending.apk to an SD card and moved it using "/system/app move" which I found on 1Mobile. Works great. The "/system/app move" app is better than Titanium for this purpose. Besides, the latest release of Titanium Free version won't do a conversion. You'll have get the $5.99 version04-09-2013 02:11 AM
- I figured it out. What's going on is lovely chinese quality control... some of the root files for google services are missing on some of the tablets. It was not hard to fix but figuring it out was frustrating. I again have bigjake to thank for the fix. I'll tell you how I fixed it. The app names are in " ".
1. Follow the steps listed by bigjake on the first page of this thread install "SuperSu" from the 1Mobile Market store (to make sure your tablet is rooted... I don't know what that means but it seems to be important), followed by the google "Market" app (Found here: Google Play>> https://www.box.com/shared/91mm4qpqfsw9risc2uee ), then "Titanium Backup" (Found here: Titanium Backup>> https://www.box.com/shared/gevpiazj5q14riad46vl ). Thanks to bigjake for the files. You will need to go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet find and click on the "Downloads" app and install the files you downloaded (just click on them and install).... Don't bother trying to open the market just yet, you'll just get annoyed.
2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute...
3. Now you can open Google Market, you will need to click on the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet scroll left or right and find "Market", add your account to your system, and it will FINALLY take you to the old Market App, browse for a bit, close the app, and it will automatically update to "Google Play" (may take a while to update). IF THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, and you get the lovely open market, ask for acct, close routine already mentioned by a few others on this thread.
The following steps fixed my problems...
4. Download the files mentioned by bigjake for Braunish (Found here: https://www.box.com/shared/4czakah4xyc8n47m2sth ). Now go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet. This time find and click on the "File Manager" app. Scroll down to the "downloads" file and click on it... inside you will see the "d2googleapp.zip" file. Click on it then click the "extract here" option. A list of seven files will appear. These are the google client files that D2 somehow forgot to include on your system. You will need to click on each of them in turn installing them on your tablet (theyre not big). Now for the complicated part.
5. Go back to "Titanium Backup" and tap on back up and restore and find the seven apps that you just installed (they should have white text) you will need to click on every one of them (slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down), and click "convert to system app" this will take a about 5-10 minutes... After all is said and done try runnig the Market (Again it is in the the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet, scroll right or left).
IF this still doesn't fix your problem you are likely missing additional files, and I don't know how to help... This is my second post ever on this site and i'm sure it shows that i'm no computer programmer.... I hope this helps someone though... Good luck and Merry Christmas, gotta go I hear sleigh bells....
Got my market working with this, but I didn't have to convert the services only the market app04-23-2013 10:03 AM
- My daughter saved her money work months just to buy a D2-912_BK (pre--Loaded) 9" 4.1android jelly bean PAD today From Big Lot and its not pre loaded. we cant get the Damb thing on: It is locked with no code provided. it seems like everyone else got there's for 79 and we paid $99, 111 with tax. and the thing won't come on. We tried to call the Co.and they are closed all weekend we tried to e- mail and got no answer. this is such a piece of &U*)(*+. I've spent hour on line looking for a solution and have found nothing but people saying this thing has problem after problem. Big lot is closed. This sucks these tablets must be used yet being sold as new. If the box is close why would it be locked already with a code. Help!!!! My baby is soooo sad. I feel cheated and now have a head ache trying to get help with no support. It seems that we paid more then everyone else and it wont even get off of lock. I'm disappointed with all parties involved with this product. Do not Buy one for your child it sounds like trouble.04-28-2013 01:13 AM
- I just bought a D2 pad yesterday. I have looked up all I could on rooting this darned thing and found my way here. I am simply trying to get the Google Play Store on it, because not all apps from 1Mobile Market work without Google Play.
I guess mine is the only one that came un-rooted. Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I just have to take the tablet back and just get one that has Google Play Store?
Edit: Okay, I went to PDANet and was able to get the drivers I needed finally, now I just need a better way of loading Google Play. $5.99 is a bit steep for one program IMO...05-02-2013 07:11 PM
- My daughter saved her money work months just to buy a D2-912_BK (pre--Loaded) 9" 4.1android jelly bean PAD today From Big Lot and its not pre loaded. we cant get the Damb thing on: It is locked with no code provided. it seems like everyone else got there's for 79 and we paid $99, 111 with tax. and the thing won't come on. We tried to call the Co.and they are closed all weekend we tried to e- mail and got no answer. this is such a piece of &U*)(*+. I've spent hour on line looking for a solution and have found nothing but people saying this thing has problem after problem. Big lot is closed. This sucks these tablets must be used yet being sold as new. If the box is close why would it be locked already with a code. Help!!!! My baby is soooo sad. I feel cheated and now have a head ache trying to get help with no support. It seems that we paid more then everyone else and it wont even get off of lock. I'm disappointed with all parties involved with this product. Do not Buy one for your child it sounds like trouble.05-12-2013 12:12 AM
- Ohkay man I got this d for my birthday an I didn't wanna say know cause I was going on leave. I mean I know the general in rooting like a galaxy or something but I can't figure out this one please let me know if you can help me out..email me please email@example.com I'd greatly appreciate it!05-20-2013 06:10 AM
- I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue..... I bought my wife a D2-912 with Jellybean on it. I tried putting movies on the SD card (14 to be exact) and installed MX Player. (i followed instructions in this thread) and rooted the device (as it was NOT pre rooted) and got Google Play working.
So the issue is this. Only ONE of the 14 movies will play. All other say "This Video Cannot Be Played" I tried to install one of them to the internal memory (of which there is very little) and it played fine. Same thing with mp3's. Transferrred it back to SD card and same error. WTF??? Can anyone help me?06-08-2013 04:59 PM
- I have the D2 Pad with the 9" screen. D2-912_BK jelly bean i rooted it fine got google play store then when i rebooted my tablet it went back to factory settings but still rooted with BusyBox and Superuser no matter what i do it seems to go back to factory default but still rooted. I loose all my apps backgrounds every thing.... help please
Ok fixed the problem. When I did the step where you
"2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute..."
well I also tried to get rid of some bloatware after that using Titanium Backup.(think thats what caused the problem or the first time I installed the vending.apk after i installed the zip file D2googleapp and my tablet freaked out after that. )
D2 Tablet is at Factory Default when i did this> I reinstalled Titanium Backup then tried to remove the bloatware again.
>didnt work and rebooted to factory
>but after the reset I once again reinstalled Titanium Backup
>then reinstalled vending.apk then re converted market app. to "convert to system app"
> Restarted and no more Factory Defaults
Im now able to use the google play store and download and install apps off of it.06-11-2013 10:50 PM
- Hi MyFishbear, I am just trying to get my kindle app to work, but looks like you have great apps on yours. I went to your site and am oblivious how to download your files. I will say I am not an IT person at all... Can you please help me? Or can anyone help me PLEASE????
Lost in Michigan....06-29-2013 11:01 AM
- I have CM9, Play Store and CWM. This tablet runs so much better now. The D2 can run lots of games, surprisingly. Only issue I found so far is getting the Accelerometer to work with Temple Run. Can't tilt LOL, even when accelerometer tester from play store shows that its working fine. Runs newest YouTube, Netflix and MX player!08-26-2013 11:47 AM
- Hi All,
I'm having an issue with an app on my D2-721, and I'm not sure if it's something I could fix with rooting or if there's something else going on. I'm trying to use Gym Pact gym-pact.com on my tablet. You commit to work out a certain number of days a week and then check in at the gym for at least 30 minutes. I was not able to find it on the amazon app store, but I was able to download it from Mobile Market. I downloaded it fine, but whenever I try to check in at the gym I get this message: Attachment 81755
Here it is written out in case my uploaded file glitches:Improve My Location Not all location sources are currently enabled. In order to use GymPact you must: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in Location Settings.
When I go to Location Settings I have two options: Google's location service (Allow anonymous location data to be sent to Google. Also allow permitted apps to use data from sources such as Wi-Fi and mobile networks to determine your approximate locaton.) and Location & Google search (Let Google use your location to improve search results and other services). I have both of these enabled and I am connected to the Wi-Fi at my gym when I get this error message. I've Googled this up and down and have been reduced to banging my head against the elliptical machine. Any suggestions? Does this sound like something rooting would fix? Thank you very much!09-16-2013 10:57 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Misc. Android Phones
D2 Pad Rooting and Google Play
- By jldroidnyc in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2012, 11:20 AM
- By courtneyp85 in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2012, 01:41 AM
- By skyjak in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2012, 07:50 AM
- By Se7enth Sinn in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROM's, and Hack'sReplies: 8Last Post: 01-03-2012, 08:34 PM
- By lostmarine in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROM's, and Hack'sReplies: 3Last Post: 12-28-2011, 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD