[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

Sneaky_1

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
For now I think I'll leave well enough alone. I wonder if it is not the app that's the issue, but the binaries. If I'm feeling lucky I'll try. Lulz.

mfo991

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Excellent for work this post was great.I found the video on youtube but your guide was better.I tried the youtube drivers with no sucess but when I tried your root drivers 100% worked.Your root drivers were different and they worked superSU was installed and had root.But one question how can i get the msl/spc 6 digit code with the diag port with being locked down under the spc request code first. Is there a workaround or bypass to unlock port so I can get the msl/spc code. I have tried CDMA unloced, EPST,DFS 4.0.0.3 and QPST none of these can see the com port.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That, I have no idea about. I'm sorry. I'd say search around and see if anyone has done that with another Kyocera android phone, like the Echo or the Hydro, the process might be similar.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

dknice

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay the download is not working for me at all. It keeps saying something about the .zip file is invalid. So can you just tell me wich version of SuperSU and bin your using?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay the download is not working for me at all. It keeps saying something about the .zip file is invalid. So can you just tell me wich version of SuperSU and bin your using?

I'm not sure off the top of my head. Try clearing your browser cache and re download.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you have a tb because i messed my copy up and now I can't restore. I corrupted my audio drivers, so even a copy of a stock system folder would be great, thanks!

dibblebill

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I used your script, then updated SU... Root is not working properly even though Super User itself says it is. Going to re-root and try again with the outdated binaries.

EDIT: Works fine when I don't update the SU binary.

BigMax#AC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This worked perfectly on my Rise. I don't have a service plan--just using the phone over wifi. The clock would drift suddenly and dramatically, so I couldn't really use it for a reliable alarm. According the the ClockSync app fellow, android system does not allow apps to set the time automatically, but it can be done on a rooted phone. So that's why I needed it rooted. Now ClockSync can synchronize the phone automatically.
Thanks for the rooting files and info!

Kevin Edges

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Followed your instructions on 12/18/12, Got root, no issues. Just waiting for someone to crack the kernal since there is little hope from Kyocera. Thank you for the assistance!!

keypawf

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello I have tried many times to ROOT my Krocera Rise with no luck I have done all things I have seen here and on other sites with no luck.
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Rise\stuff>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

I am seeing in device manager the yellow ! by two Kyocera USB modem even after I have installed my 64-Bit drivers as instructed. Then I read I need to manually update by way of Device Manager as I read a user Allen Turing say.
1) Before installing the 64bit driver, uninstall any old Kyocera USB driver, then reboot
2) Install the 64bit driver, reboot
3) Connect Phone to PC, but still the same old "driver not found message"
4) Go to "Device Manager", find the Kyocera USB device with yellow mark warning sign, and update the driver
5) on the "update driver" menu, select the "Browse my computer for driver software"
---> "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
--->"USB Controller"
---->"Kyocera Corp"
---->"Kyocera USB Modem KC02S"
But when I do this I get 2 more yellow ! saying ( Unknown Device ) right after I update the Kyocera Rise USB modem drivers. I switched USB ports cables and another PC to make sure...

I am lost here I have been at this for a few days reading and hoping and plunging away! I was told also I needed to do ##DIAG# and enable it I also tried the *#*#service#*#*. I done that as well with no luck. I have ran everything in admin mode as well.

Kyocera Rise
Public Mobile

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You just need to click on the other devices with yellow icons and update the drivers the same way. I had to do it with 4 or 5 different devices.

oingo456

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Instructions worked perfectly, no problems at all! I have learned from my EVO 4G days not to upgrade SU if you have one that works!

keypawf

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have done this and all that happens is more unknown devices pop up. I have *8 KYOCERA USB drivers in the system area of device manager. I am unsure what the heck is going on here. This should be easy as 123... But for some reason this is giving me grief.

WILDALK3SH

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually worked, lol pretty nice! I had trouble the first time though, accidentally had the "RunMe" on the phone, which after rooting was not able to complete the root.

HardstyleMouseh

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ran this making sure to follow all the directions, and it worked perfectly. SuperUser is working no problem, allows me to get root access when I type "su" into the terminal, and I'm not having any issues with this at all. Thanks for the tutorial, you deserve a medal or something! :D

daveleroy

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Does it make a difference whether I use a computer running windows, OS X, or linux? or is there one that is a definite "stay away from" when rooting my phone?

thanks