[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Really? Does everything seem to running smoothly? Also did you uninstill any apps or anything or did you just redo the rooting process?

Yes every thing is running smoothly. I haven't noticed anything buggy. And no I did not remove anything just re did the process.

OK, pretty new to rooting here, so excuse the load of n00b that's about to hit this thread.

So, downloaded the root zip, unzipped it to desktop (I couldn't find the C:\rise as you recommended?), downloaded and installed the drivers, ran the root, phone rebooted but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Try running as administrator.

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

l337n1nj4

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes every thing is running smoothly. I haven't noticed anything buggy. And no I did not remove anything just re did the process.

Try running as administrator.

Under administrator. If it helps, ran it the first time, it said "Restore Starting", and then "Restore Ended" at the bottom of the phone's screen, and the command window just kept running with no signs of reboot.

l337n1nj4

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
(Ran a second time after it didn't work the first time and this is what I received..)

Normal mode enabled!

Pushing busybox...
1760 KB/s <1085140 bytes in 0.602s>
Pushing su binary...
2426 KB/s <22364 bytes in 0.009s>
Pushing Superuser app
1984 KB/s <843503 bytes in 0.415s>
Making busybox runable ...
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Running ...
Successful, going to reboot your device!
Waiting for the device to show up again....
Going to copy files to it's place
mount: permission denied <are you root?>
You can close all open command-prompts now!
After reboot all is done! Have fun!
Bin4ry
Press any button to continue ...

Phone rebooted once, came back, went to check for Superuser but wasn't there. Checked my root checker, and didn't have any encouraging words for me...

I must be doing something wrong!

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
(Ran a second time after it didn't work the first time and this is what I received..)

Normal mode enabled!

Pushing busybox...
1760 KB/s <1085140 bytes in 0.602s>
Pushing su binary...
2426 KB/s <22364 bytes in 0.009s>
Pushing Superuser app
1984 KB/s <843503 bytes in 0.415s>
Making busybox runable ...
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Running ...
Successful, going to reboot your device!
Waiting for the device to show up again....
Going to copy files to it's place
mount: permission denied <are you root?>
You can close all open command-prompts now!
After reboot all is done! Have fun!
Bin4ry
Press any button to continue ...

Phone rebooted once, came back, went to check for Superuser but wasn't there. Checked my root checker, and didn't have any encouraging words for me...

I must be doing something wrong!

Did all of the phone drivers installed successfully?

l337n1nj4

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I installed the drivers and the install wizard said they installed successfully. I'm going to try a different USB drive... I'll flip this table if it's the USB port....

l337n1nj4

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Tried that too. Unzipped the file, placed it on the desktop, ran the root, didn't reboot the first time. Ran it again, it rebooted but didn't take the root or have Superuser on it.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The thing I see that you two are both doing wrong per the steps in the guide is where you extract the file. You need to create a folder in the root of your C:\ drive with no spaces in the folder name and place all the files in there.

Nathan Mitchell

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried the first time no success the second time no success and then ran as administrator and worked perfectly then i used it for a while and now i cant access system apps plz help and acutally cant access any apps and cant even play music plz help!!

Last edited:

l337n1nj4

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Made the file for C:\RISE. Extracted root necessities to this folder, tried but now it's saying that '/system/app/Backup-Restore.apk' and '/system/bin/ric' are missing. What is happening?!?! :p

Active_Matrix

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that is rooted, and has the sprint direct connect app, can you tell me the name of the apk? Or can someone post the apk? Thanks

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
hi can someone help me out I knew I'm just wondering if it matters that my rise isn't a version 5155 and its not sprint will the download still work

The drivers you're going to download are for the sprint Kyocera rise. I'm assuming u have virgin mobile? It will work the same
Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
i have a couple questions, does it matter if i use 32bit or 62bit and if so how do i know which my phone is or is it for my computer? ow and does it matter if my rise is from virgin mobile and not sprint?

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
i have a couple questions, does it matter if i use 32bit or 62bit and if so how do i know which my phone is or is it for my computer? ow and does it matter if my rise is from virgin mobile and not sprint?

I have the rise from virgin mobile it confused me at firrst. Your going to use the sprint drivers. Also 32 vs 64 is going to depened on your computer.. u can find out under control panel system information

Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
so im stuck i do all that im supposed to do except it doesn't work i get the going to the....copy files to its place mount: permission denied <are you root?> you can close all open command promts.... what does this mean how do i fix this? please help

saparco

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
i can't get it to begin working its magic...it says it can't find the pathway?? over and over...then it says it has, then hasn't then says it is done, but nothing happens on my phone. an i missing something?

Edit1: created a folder, put the zip in there and ran it. successful.

Now is this hotspot capable?

Last edited:

waltercampbell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have two Kyocera rises...one went thru just fine and has full root, the other will not work... the only difference is that i have updated the firmware on one phone, but not the other (new update available as of yesterday) the one that is not updated rooted successfully, the updated one will not, i assume this is because of the updated firmware? Thanks, Walter

waltercampbell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the same message with one of my kyocersa rise phones...did u do the firmware update in the past few days? if so, i believe thats the problem... the one that i didnt update rooted, the one that i did update gives me the same message youre talking about.

waltercampbell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
so im stuck i do all that im supposed to do except it doesn't work i get the going to the....copy files to its place mount: permission denied <are you root?> you can close all open command promts.... what does this mean how do i fix this? please help

its definitely the firmware update...my phone (the one that rooted successfully) just crashed when i tried to update the firmware, and i had to unroot to fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692