Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

Quick little question - what would be considered the proper or preferred method for rooting the Rise? Basically, what I want to know if there are any significant differences between this rooting method and the no PC required one posted on Android Forums. I understand that the end results are the same (or are they...?), but it's the steps in the middle, their differences, and any effects they might have that I'm curious about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The download for the ZIP file isn't working at all. It just keeps trying to connect.
    I quickly browsed around and didnt see anything about the link not working, so sorry if I missed a post about it.

EDIT: I just got a 404 on the link

EDIT again: I opened it about 100 times and got one to work

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Has anyone followed the guide yet? Any issues?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Hey, thank you for the guide. I posted about the link not working, but it ended up working.
    Now that I've gotten all the files though, the root isn't working. At all.
    I do all the steps just fine, but in the end I don't have root. I've tried several apps to check root, and they all say no. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to root my kyocera, it started the restore, then said restore ended right after it said restore starting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the restore option did not come up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I installed the x64 modem drive like requested and then plug my phone in, it acts like its installing the driver, but then I get a blue screen of death on windows and when it reboots I submit the crash report and windows doesn't show anything. Its either a bad driver or a virus or something like that. I'm using a Kyocera Rise from Virgin Mobile $35 prepaid. Going to look for a better way to root...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this..
    I ran the RunMe file, It tried to push the Apps.. Clicked on Restore My data..
    It just came up with Restore Starting.. and then "Restore Ended"
    Nothing after that
    Tried a couple of times. No luck
    Please suggest
    Thanks,
    Praveen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do i have to put that code in i have no idea what it is help..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I know that this thread is pretty old, but i'm using it to Root my Rise at the moment, and i'm wondering if there is any specific way that the phone needs to be connected to the PC. Ex. Charge Only, Media Device, or Mass Storage. I have USB Debugging on, and right now I have it in Mass Storage, and it goes no further than, "If all is successful, I will tell you..." Well, it's not moving. Help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the guide now I can delete apps I don't want to ever see again ^^ Anyways time has passed since you made the thread but I wanna share how I made it work flawlessly. ^^

Though my Kyocera Rise's model number is quite different from yours; Virgin and Sprint phones are model number C5155 while mine is a Public Mobile with model number C5156. That makes the driver you provide useless for Public Mobile users.

But I managed to find a way to get a working android driver for Windows (thanks EnzymeX, you can look at his original post in which he talks about PDANet app : http://androidforums.com/rise-all-th...ic-mobile.html, post #30):

- Install PDANet+ on the phone from the Google Play store,
    - Then I installed PDANet app on my windows 7 64bits while the phone was plugged-in as a "Mass Storage" device.
    - The windows app asked me to activate USB debugging which I did when asked,
    - It then finished setup in mere seconds. The app just installed a generic android driver that worked with the rest of the guide.
    - Follow the guide's instructions right after the driver install process since PDANet installed a generic driver working with the phone.

When done with the rooting process I typed "su" without quotes in the terminal and it did ask for root access. WONDERFUL!! So basically your guide is perfect as the rest went as straight-forward as it's supposed to.

N.B.: Windows didn't need admin rights, I just double-clicked "RunMe.bat" (from a folder without any spaces in any parent folder's name, I used "G:\BigBox\Non-Classs\krise") and followed the thread tutorial step by step.

Thanks again it was worth registering just to get it to work then share the result with you guys ^^. Cheers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by theonlygpdz2 View Post
    Do i have to put that code in i have no idea what it is help..
    Mine didn't have any code so when it asked for encryption code I left it blank and tapped on "Restore my data".

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lopes View Post
    ...i'm wondering if there is any specific way that the phone needs to be connected to the PC. Ex. Charge Only, Media Device, or Mass Storage. I have USB Debugging on, and right now I have it in Mass Storage, and it goes no further than, "If all is successful, I will tell you"...
    When I plugged it prior to installing PDANet for windows, I selected "Mass Storage". Thought I didn't enable USB debugging until PDANet asked me to do so. When asked I activated it and the computer immediately started working.

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits
    Root Status: ROOTED, THANKS!!!
    Time Consumed: 10 minutes, from the moment I had the idea to root my phone, until the phone was rooted.
    326 and Ann Richards like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just rooted my cousin's Kyocera Rise from Public Mobile with the same methodology I've done yesterday and on the same computer too. Since I wanted to do the exact same steps I uninstalled PDANet from my Windows. Then I've done every steps as mentionned in my previous post. It rooted without any issue too. Remember, our Rise phones are model C5156 so it may or may not work for model C5155 which is either tied to Virgin or Sprint.

EDIT: I've rooted 3 Kyocera Rise model C5156 (public mobile) so far using this method. Came back here to thank you again :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully I get a respond as I'm not too sure how often anyone else checks this anymore. I have followed the steps word for word and when I open the runme.bat it reads "the system cannot find the path specified.
    Pushing busybox...
    Pushing su binary
    Pushing superuser app
    Making busybox runable

(cannot find path specified is between each push above)
    Please look at your device and click RESTORE (my phone never gives me a prompt to choose restore)
    warning about it running forever if it doesn't work
    system cannot find path specified

Successful, going to reboot your phone in 10 seconds. (phone never reboots) Can someone help please?

Actually never mind. I just kept trying this very method and eventually it worked so my phone is now rooted. Now onto trying to get cwm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

I want to root it, i can, but i just need to know how to unroot it just incase (sp?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no pc needed. i did it with a program called poot. it worked first try. i tried for a month with the pc and nothing worked....this works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I try to download the "krise.zip" file my phone won't let me download it, and I have tried multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

When I try to download the "krise.zip" file my phone won't let me download it, and I have tried multiple times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I find this program?!?!...I don't have a PC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's telling me to enter my encryption password... But I don't have one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I succeeded once with the progrm,now i am trying to do a friends and I get this : Make a choice: 1
    Checking if i should run in Normal Mode or special Sony Mode
    Please connect your device with USB-Debugging enabled now
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Normal Mode enabled!

Pushing busybox....
    Pushing su binary ....
    Pushing Superuser app
    Making busybox runable ...
    Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
    If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
    Running ...
    Successful, going to reboot your device in 10 seconds!
    Waiting for device to show up again....
    Going to copy files to it's place
    You can close all open command-prompts now!
    After reboot all is done! Have fun!
    Bin4ry
    Press any key to continue . . .

any ideas? thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worked great. Just rooted the phone with your process, didn't work at first until I realized I needed to install the phone drivers on the computer. After that, the process started, was very efficient, and now the phone is rooted. Hooray! Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I need some quick help because I am a moron. My phone started acting buggy, so without a though I reset back to stock. Super su wasn't set as a system app and therefore was removed. I though that I was unrooted for a while after this and continued using the phone as normal. Then I realized that I still had root without having super su installed because the binaries were still there. When super su installed, there was a corruption that caused the app to crash when it requested root access.

I decided that I should uninstall the binaries in order to attempt to reroot the phone. Now when I try to use this root tool, it gets to the point where the phone is supposed to restart right after the backup and restore, but it never does anything, it just goes back to the home screen. When I tried to install super su, it said that the binaries could not be written, blah, blah, blah. Now I am just wondering if there is any way to recover from this becuase I don't want to have a non rootable phone. Is there a way to forcibly overwrite the binaries even if most programs won't allow you to? I know it was stupid to not learn how to root the rise the hard way, but oh well. Stupid kyocera not allowing us to use custom recoveries. Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera event

Just download poot then run from googleplay and ministro and super user then reboot superuser rights will be granted once you uncheck ota updates you will see message on top with #sign then download root checker free version and you will see of course root ed what else message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwithadeagle View Post
    So I need some quick help because I am a moron. My phone started acting buggy, so without a though I reset back to stock. Super su wasn't set as a system app and therefore was removed. I though that I was unrooted for a while after this and continued using the phone as normal. Then I realized that I still had root without having super su installed because the binaries were still there. When super su installed, there was a corruption that caused the app to crash when it requested root access.

I decided that I should uninstall the binaries in order to attempt to reroot the phone. Now when I try to use this root tool, it gets to the point where the phone is supposed to restart right after the backup and restore, but it never does anything, it just goes back to the home screen. When I tried to install super su, it said that the binaries could not be written, blah, blah, blah. Now I am just wondering if there is any way to recover from this becuase I don't want to have a non rootable phone. Is there a way to forcibly overwrite the binaries even if most programs won't allow you to? I know it was stupid to not learn how to root the rise the hard way, but oh well. Stupid kyocera not allowing us to use custom recoveries. Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the guide and the links, worked like a charm the first try. My Rise isn't even a month old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I followed all the instructions and then downloaded Root Check Basic from Google Play and it told me my device does not appear to have proper root access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GREAT!!!
    Im from Hamilton Ontario, I bought a Kyocera Rise From public mobile. This phone was probably one of the hardest phones to Root for me. this took me a whole week. I almost gave up.
    I wanna thank you sooo much for the help.

Absolutely Worked On my phone. Thank you, thank you, thank you. lol

Peter Bouchard Five Thumbs Up
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast