[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I know that i only tested the windows portion but the zip file does come with a Linux script. It is untested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Brett Mallery

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
How can i Turn My Kyocera Rise into Iphone I really wanna make my phone---> Kyocera Rise Into i phone everything like the iphone and i dont want no fakes apps i want REAL... HOw can i do that???

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Possibly, but I doubt it -- I really need to post those unrooting instructions, lol. Super busy. I will throw it up on Monday. If you can understand ADB, run an adb shell from your PC, open up the krise.zip and look at the files it will install to /system, and use the ADB shell to manually remove them, reboot, and you should be able to re-root.

zatioichi

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I updated my su binary and lost root. If I do this again would I get root again?

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Yeah I did this too..and i even uninstalled the updates but no joy..

Edit: So I just noticed that whatever apps that got root permissions before you update the binary stay "rooted". I dunno if that matters or not :p

Last edited:

popso1so

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the bother, but I did everything here, the phone has the thing installed, 64 and 32, and its on USB debugging, plugged into my laptop. I ran the runme and it just says "Please connect your device with USB debugging enabled" which I did, several times. I waited about 10 minutes, nothing happened, what did I do wrong?

EDIT: It works, I ran as administrator. Sorry :D

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Rooted today. Easy as 123 :) hope som roms come for this device soon. Anyone else upgrade from the optimus v to this phone?

Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Rooted today. Easy as 123 :) hope som roms come for this device soon. Anyone else upgrade from the optimus v to this phone?

Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums

I have. Pretty good upgrade. Only downside is no roms

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bmxstud

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got this phone working with a FULL root so far. It seems we aren't 100% full root because of the old binaries were using. For example im trying to modify startup app and can't because superuser for some reason. I believe superSU will work but i can't even use superSU because only the older version of superuser works with our phones. I can update superuser and it updates fine but it seems we can't use any other SU app other than one included in the root kit.

Hopefully, i was clear enough.

(yes im rooted and even get prompts for deny or approve. Thats not the issues.. its the issue or modifying startup apps with superuser as the SU program on a kyoceria rise)

thanks

edit: THis is what im talking about
In order for root to work properly, our phone needs an older version of the su binary. Use the files from this link [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. It includes the older su and an older superuser apk, but you can update superuser from the play store. The prompts will work then.

Edit: so long as you haven't updated supersu, you should be able to just redo the root process, but you might want to remove supersu first.