Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rebeka Napolitano
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alcatel One Touch T'Pop 4010a SD card not recognized problem

Hi so I'm new here because I bought today an alcatel one touch t'pop 4010a smartphone, and of course I connected to it the sd card that I've been using with my Nokia 5220 phone, the sd card is 4gb, but when i go to the settings of the sd card, the activation thingy is in color gray and it doesn't let me do anything because it doesn't recognizes it.

I tried restoring the smartphone and I'm doing now a backup of the sd card so I can format it. But I need help because if this doesn't works I don't know wtf I am going to do. My sd card is HC it doesn't have "I" or "II" next to the image of the sd card logo. And yes I'm inserting the card correctly as in the manual says.

Please help me, thanks.

Default Re: Alcatel One Touch T'Pop 4010a SD card not recognized problem

Welcome to Android Central! When you say the activation thingy is grey, do you mean the Mount SD Card button in the Settings/Storage menu? When you insert an SD card into a device, most of the time it will mount automatically, but sometimes you have to manually tap the Mount button. Along those lines, whenever you remove an SD card from a device, you should always first go to Settings/Storage vand tap the Unmount SD Card button, because if you just take it out without doing so, and if the phone was in the middle of writing to the card, the data could become corrupt.

I agree with backing up the SD card contents, and then formatting it (make sure it's in FAT32 format).
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok thanks, and yes I meant the button was gray, but I know what was the problem, and it's the sd card being HC, I think my device isn't compatible with it because I had a sd micro in hand and it worked so I guess it was compatiblity problems.

The phone's spec sheet says it should be compatible with microSDHC cards, though: ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Products - Smart phones - ONE TOUCH T?POP

It says microSD up to 32 GB, which by definition is HC.

Hi. I just got an Alcatel One Touch T'pop 4010 and while my PC has been able to send a file to the phone, the phone doesn't think I've mounted the SD card. I've only had a basic mobile phone before and am new to android phones so this is all a learning curve. Forgot to say that I've tried pressing the 'Mount' button. I've disconnected from the PC and then reconnected to it a few times to have another go at mounting the SD card, but as far as accessing it from the phone is concerned it doesn't seem to think there's an SD card there. When I go in to SD card and phone storage all the options are pale grey. The 'Internal phone storage' says there's plenty of available space, but the SD card says that space is unavailable. It occurs to me that perhaps an SD card doesn't come with the phone, so is this something I have to buy in addition? Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Hi again. Something weird happened. After multiple attempts to mount the SD card, I switched the phone off, feeling a bit growly. Later, when I switched it on to have another go, it recognised he SD card! Don't ask me how. It just did. There's therefore no need to respond to my question above. Thanks anyway. At least I know where to come if I have any other questions. Enjoy your day.

hello. i have a 32 gb sd card and i am trying to have my phone accept it. when i plug it in it says i have 2gb of data when i know darn well its a 32gb card...i have tried mounting it and it says it has, i'm just trying to figure out why it wont let me have the whole 32 gb to use on my phone.

side note: i am putting my music on my phone from windows media player, how do i get it to the music player on the phone so i can quit going to file manger to play my songs?

hello. i have a 32 gb sd card and i am trying to have my phone accept it. when i plug it in it says i have 2gb of data when i know darn well its a 32gb card...i have tried mounting it and it says it has, i'm just trying to figure out why it wont let me have the whole 32 gb to use on my phone.

side note: i am putting my music on my phone from windows media player, how do i get it to the music player on the phone so i can quit going to file manger to play my songs?
    Detroitz10 likes this.