| || |
Phablet or smaller phone + tablet?
with the density of android-users higher than anywhere else, this is probably the best forum to help me with my decision I'm currently debating about:
Should I get a phablet or buy a smaller phone + tablet?
A little backstory:
Currently I use a Note 1. It has it advantages, but currently I'm a bit unsatisfied with it, because
- when installing about 5-10 apps the Samsung Note 1 becomes so sluggish, that everything has about a 1-2 second delay, which is hello of annoying
- while it fits in the pocket, something smaller would be less distracting
- the battery doesn't even last a whole day, constantly plugging in the cable for loading is a nuisance
What do I use my current Note 1 for when I'm on the road?
- to-do lists / shopping lists(40%)
- What's App and SMS (30%, only about 2-3 messages daily)
- checking mails (20%)
- occasionally googling something (10%)
As you can see, I do not use the Note 1 for Facebook, Games or Videos at all.
For reading Ebooks I own a Kindle Paperwhite which I really like .
As I'm currently enrolled in a university scribbling notes on pdf documents would be a really nice, so I do not have to print them all out.
However, I do find the Note 1 to be too small to comfortably view and take note on pdfs.
While I did read some pdfs on my Note 1, I think it's screen is a bit too small to comfortably read illustration-heavy pdfs.
So I'm currently thinking of selling the Note 1 and buying:
- a smartphone, that is as small as possible + can be charged wirelessly via Qi
- the cheapest tablet in the 7-8 inch range for viewing and editing pdfs + browsing the web
I'm sure a lot of users here have faced a similar decision.
How did you solve this problem?
Is the compromise of a Note just better?
Or do you still prefer a smaller phone and tablet?