[HOW TO] Install USB drivers for the LG Optimus One

peter_f

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
This was a major PITA to figure out, but doing it is pretty easy.

1. Download the LG Mobile Support Tool to your Windows computer from LG right here.
2. Install it, and while the phone is DISCONNECTED open the program.
3. Under the Options & Help menu, choose Country & Language. Set Singapore as your country, and English as your language (unless you prefer another of the listed languages. Hillbilly was not listed.)
4. Next, on the main window choose to install the USB driver, and choose LGP500 as the model number.
5. Wait while the app downloads and installs 4 or 5 separate drivers.
6. On your Optimus One, enable USB debugging and plug it in.

You now have the ADB driver, and the USB modem drivers installed. You know what to do next.
Hi, The app downloaded great, but The drivers are taking ages to install. Is this normal?

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the tool to recognize my phone wether in debugging mode or not. I also can't access the phones drive unless debugging is off. Any suggestions. Assuming I get the drivers manually where do i put them on the phone? Appreciate someone helping out a non-programmer with this. Optimus lg v here.

riwester

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So I tried installing the drivers, and now it shows up as a new drive on my computer, but when I go into the drive it says "please insert media". When I go into the mobile device on the computer it shows an empty folder. So, I still don't have access to my phone.
I have the Sprint Optimus and I just had a system update, could that be it?? Please help, I would really like to be able to transfer some files from my phone to the computer directly.

glagia

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
wow. I've had so many problems with this phone. First, the cheap garbage charger it came with stopped working after about a day, had to go buy a new one.

And now this is about the 5th time I'm trying to connect to my PC. Every time i go through all the forums, find a little something new, but first off, why should I need to install anything at all?

I've tried every damn driver and the support tool with various versions (LS670 is not an option).

Nothing has worked.

stringpuller

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks a million friend. i thought i had solved the problem with LG's live chat, they did help me download something but it sure didnt recognize my phone when i plugged it in. I did what you said and everything came out aces. Thanks again! By the way the Singapore thing never even came up, and one thing you didn't mention was that a WinZip box popped up and I had to double click on the files in it each time ( I've never zipped or unzipped anything but my pants before) so that was a bit confusing, but I got through it.:p

buckarooster

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am deployed in Afghanistan and I am trying to get a driver for an unbranded Optimus One LG P500h (not sure what the h means, even LG's site does not recognize it). Anyways, my internet connection is slow as molasses, I have tried several times to get the LG software from the Singapore site but it times out on me. I see there is a link to a filesharing site for the driver but it looks like it's to one of the branded models?

Thanks.

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
wow. I've had so many problems with this phone. First, the cheap garbage charger it came with stopped working after about a day, had to go buy a new one.

And now this is about the 5th time I'm trying to connect to my PC. Every time i go through all the forums, find a little something new, but first off, why should I need to install anything at all?

I've tried every damn driver and the support tool with various versions (LS670 is not an option).

Nothing has worked.

Same HERE!

paulkruger

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This post was referenced in another on rooting the Optimus V ( VM670 ) as the source for the LG tool. However when I follow your link to download this tool from LG it appears that no such tool exists for the VM670 ?

Does lacking this tool stop me in my tracks to follow the instructions to root my phone?

brberie

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This was a major PITA to figure out, but doing it is pretty easy.

1. Download the LG Mobile Support Tool to your Windows computer from LG right here.
2. Install it, and while the phone is DISCONNECTED open the program.
3. Under the Options & Help menu, choose Country & Language. Set Singapore as your country, and English as your language (unless you prefer another of the listed languages. Hillbilly was not listed.)
4. Next, on the main window choose to install the USB driver, and choose LGP500 as the model number.
5. Wait while the app downloads and installs 4 or 5 separate drivers.
6. On your Optimus One, enable USB debugging and plug it in.

You now have the ADB driver, and the USB modem drivers installed. You know what to do next.

Can't do it with new lg software and vista :{
The newest sw installs bluetooth drivers only...
May be someone has the old stuff. May be my level of brickness is exceeded of what this software can do :(

Reactions: krwlive1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC