chokonen888

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
011l.jpg

002l.jpg

l_st_sh03c-01.jpg

1ghz Snapdragon with 512m ram/rom
Size 62 ? 121 ? 12mm / approx 139g
Approximately 3.8 inch display VGA (800 ? 480 dots)
New Mobile ASV LCD (65,536 colors)
Mobile Camera 960 million pixels / CCD (AF ・ image stabilization for still images) (that's 9.6 mega-pixel CCD camera!)
External memory microSDHC memory card (16G-byte w) / up to 32G bytes
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g
Bluetooth ? Ver.2.1 + EDR
Android ™ 2.2 Platform
Electronic wallet (japan system where you swip the phone at train station, vending machine, stores, restaurants, etc)

YouTube - NTT?ƒ‰?‚??ƒ?の?‚??ƒž?ƒ??ƒˆ?ƒ•?‚??ƒ??€ŒLYNX 3D?€??†?€ŒREGZA Phone?€?

Looking to preorder one of these next week but being new to Android, want to know how likely I'll be able to root it? It launches with 2.1 but they are promising 2.2 spring 2011. (Softbank has a very similar offering from SHARP with 2.2 already...)

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I doubt an American website will be the best place to find rooting info for a phone that probably will not ever be available on that side of the world ;)

I myself have been ogling the is03 on AU, and that also comes with 2.1. I don't even know if updates are promised :S lol.... As for rooting, it probably will not happen any time soon, unless I happen to learn Japanese quickly and find rooting info on Japanese websites.

chokonen888

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I doubt an American website will be the best place to find rooting info for a phone that probably will not ever be available on that side of the world ;)

I myself have been ogling the is03 on AU, and that also comes with 2.1. I don't even know if updates are promised :S lol.... As for rooting, it probably will not happen any time soon, unless I happen to learn Japanese quickly and find rooting info on Japanese websites.

The IS03 is neat with that sub-display but the SH-03C and 003SH with the 3D screens have a little edge. (not to mention AU uses a rather off frequency in Japan that gets crappy reception....Softbank isn't much better)

I can translate anything for you if you want to help root this thing when it gets released.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's released, and available in store. Would have gotten it already if I had had my passport with me... So I'll go back tomorrow. Guess I'm getting it after all!

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Got it! Probably gonna post a review soon, after I've taken it for a spin (not that anybody wants to see unboxing videos, but it was unboxed before I bought it so I could check it was scratch-free, and unboxed again after I bought it so I could check it was working properly before I left the store. Japanese customer service is good :) )

Patrix.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow either I'm doing something wrong, or it's impossible to get sp-mode emails (aka mms) when wifi is on. Crazy.

One of the only shortcomings though. That and the phone goes in airplane mode when I mount the sdcard on my laptop. Must be something the japanese expect cuz I know for a fact that it can be mounted while the phone works, and that 3g and wifi can coexist!

More later.

Sent from my SH-03C

feridun

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
003SH Softbank WiFi Tethering

Wow either I'm doing something wrong, or it's impossible to get sp-mode emails (aka mms) when wifi is on. Crazy.

One of the only shortcomings though. That and the phone goes in airplane mode when I mount the sdcard on my laptop. Must be something the japanese expect cuz I know for a fact that it can be mounted while the phone works, and that 3g and wifi can coexist!

More later.

Sent from my SH-03C

How is the situtation with the rooting?
I am planning to get the 003SH from Softbank when is it available. I am not sure if WiFi Tethering will be enabled or not but I doubt it ver much according to this source:
YouTube - Softbank Galapagos Sharp 003SH Android 2.2 WiFi Tethering
Because of the resaon mentioned early I am very interested in rooting the 003sh but I definetly will need help as my japanese is not that great.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Phone was just released, so I doubt it's rooted yet. Not even sure previous sharp androids like the sh-10b aka is01 have been rooted yet, so I'm not holding hope.

Sent from my SH-03C

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that next year the wifi tethering will be enabled by docomo, probably after the 2.2 update. Anyways the tethering makes the pake hodai plan more expensive so why not get one of those flatfee wimax wifi devices, will be cheaper and not drain your phone's battery.

My opinion anyway.

Sent from my SH-03C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech