Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's an old outdated concept, I remember kids at my school kept saying "WOULDN'T IT BE SO ****ING COOL TO HAVE A LAPTOP LIKE PHONE WITH LIKE TWO TOUCH SCREENS?"

Yeah... no....

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If Sprint had just made some sort of normal announcement for this, then fine so be it. But the fact that they made such a huge deal over it was just pointless.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Someone remind me how Sprint expects to survive in a race against super powerful phone companies with super powerful and futuristic phones when all they can do is release something like this? Yeah, the EVO and the Epic were and are very nice, but c'mon now. I hate to say it, but it looks like HP/Palm or WP7 will have to save them now...

I have an EVO, but I at this point, I wish I could switch to a different phone company. I've already done slight hardware modding to the EVO since I was beginning to get a bit bored with it. Oh well, I'm disappointed, but hey, what can we do?

In my opinion, Sprint is like Ford: they just don't get it. Sprint's gotta bring great phones over while Ford has to merge with Ford Europe to get real with their cars (no offense if anyone drives one! Just my thoughts!)

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint leans up on the business world and Blackberry to carry them, i have no idea what they were thinking with this. Its ugly to boot.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah....that's right....the other great device we get to deal with...Sprint is getting the Playbook....uuuuugh....why not the Xoom? Then again, I don't care about tablets, but still...

I think Sprint did a good job last year with the Evo and the Epic. The Evo was reason enough for many tech geeks to salivate and drool over it and it's specs, the Epic was the most complete version of a Galaxy S phone, although I could do without the keyboard. So, last year, they had their act together.

I remember one glimmer of hope uttered by the CEO of Samsung saying they will have phones for all 4 major carriers. I am hoping he referred to the Galaxy S2.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You know the funniest part is they say that this device is all about innovation, yet... it doesn't have a 4g radio.

Sent from my Nexus S

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the phone is interesting enough to warrant its own event. But I don't think that Sprint was planning in it to be something that would carry their lineup. I give them kudos for trying something different even if not knew really buys it. Good thing is that Sprint has a lot of awesome phones coming out that will really put them ahead of the game like they did last summer with the EVO and Epic. Sprint may not come out with a lot of phones but they seem to come out with the best phones. Couple that with their plan prices and I think that they are doing ok. But that is just my opinion. I'm a Sprint fan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non