Evo owner thinking about taking the plunge!

Ayryyn

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
But first I have a few questions:

1. Based off of purely specifications, save for no front camera - no Hdmi - camera resolution - and smaller single screen, is it accurate to say that it is on par with the Evo?

2. Obviously quoted specifications cannot be trusted on their own, how does actual performance of the Echo compare to that of the Evo? In simul-task mode? In optimized mode?

3. I have had the Evo since launch and have aquired many Apps and truly don't want to have to reinstall if I switch. Could I do a clockworkmod nandroid backup on the Evo and then restore data on the Echo? Would using Titanium Backup be a better route to go?

4. Should I wait and hope that the Evo 3D is released soon?

Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mohepfin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have switched to an Echo from the Evo....

1 - Each single screen is obviously smaller dimensions, but the resolution of each is the same as the Evo. Screen quality seems great to me.

2 - Performance is on par with the Evo. I've used the device alot in tablet mode, not as much in simultask mode.

3 - Not sure... although it was simple to root with z4root, I don't think you can put clockwork mod on it yet, although I haven't tried.

4 - Only you can decide this.

Overall, the Echo is a wonderful crossover device between a phone and a tablet. During the work day, I am mostly using it in single screen mode. At night or when I have some time to browse the web or use other apps, then it is wonderful to flip out the other screen and have a near tablet sized screen to work with.

Also, after a few days you don't even notice the black bar in the middle of the screens, at least I don't anymore.

Only thing I wish for is better battery life. Had the extended battery on the Evo so it was never a concern. I can get a full day out of the Echo, but am getting used to having to even think about the battery.

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from the EVO yesterday to the Echo and I'm really impressed with it. I have not experienced any issues in lag or anything that would make me feel this was a "slow" device. very responsive and I too have been using it mostly in Tablet Mode and I love that. I've done the simul-task for youtube and whatnot and impressed.

I'm not sure how you are with it but not having the front facing camera is not a huge deal to me nor was not having HDMI, I have the cable for my EVO but only used it 2x's so not having them I don't feel I'm missing much.

as far as your #3 question I don't know if that will work I've haven't tried it.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
im not really impressed by the echo, i was thinking about gettin it until i used it for a little bit and im deff going to wait for evo 3d

james33440

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I decided to buy a BNIB Echo from eBay for $270 so I can still keep my upgrade for the end of the year when the EVO 3d comes out (I'm eligible now for my upgrade).

I came from a Samsung Moment that has been rooted, overclocked, and flashed with Froyo and still has its issues.

My wife already had an EVO so I figured this way I can compare the 2 phones myself and if I don't like the Echo then I will sell it and buy another phone or continue to use my Moment until the EVO 3d comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay