Who ordered a Commando ?
07-11-2011 12:36 PM
- I will. I have used 2 generations of G Zone phones, this will be my first Smart phone. I know too many people who have lost phones to screen breakage and water. They are a bit too fragille IMHO. The Comando should be the answer.
I think there is a bit of false advertising with verizon. They advertise overnight shipping, but its actually 2nd day Fedex. My pacage is stuck at the sort facility right now04-30-2011 10:18 AM
- Ordered one last night - should have it next 2sday. Replaced my BBstorm 1 four times - with insurance the phone cost me over $400 over its life plus monthly enterprise service, etc...
Need a tougher but business capable phone as I am a Facility Manager. I may be on a roof working on a/c's or in a duct around a motor. I work in all kinds of weather inside and outside, wet, dry, dusty, stinky.
Looking forward to all of it's features. Will help the untechnicals i work with see and understand the what and why better and faster.04-30-2011 10:49 AM
- Ok so I have had the Commando now for 2 days and here's what I think. Having had a Droid Eris, Incredible, and Samsung Fascinate, I have some experience with Android. I read many posts and reviews ripping appart the touch screen and processor speed as well as it's design. I actualy love the design and have found the screen to be fast and responsive. Maybe slightly buggier than my Incredible and Fascinate but nothing I can't deal with. The Casio UI is pretty impressive and it scored higher in the Quadrant Standard test than my rooted Fascinate. As far as Bing goes it was easier to de-Bing than my Fascinate. And with some free app.s from the market I have customized it to my liking. The only disappointment I have so far is that the 5 mp camera kinda sucks. Videos are crappy, pictures aren't horrible but coming from the Fascinates 5 mp camera with 720 video. This camera does not compete. Not sure if I will keep or return it, being a phone junkie I kinda want to keep for my collection and use it all summer (pools, beach, biking). If you want this phone and are an outdoor type of guy you will love it. If your a tech head who sits by a computer get the Charge or another high end device.05-04-2011 07:27 AM
- I just ordered this phone for my husband. He has been living with his orig droid and it is dying fast. He fell in love with this phone. He's not too techy and just wants a phone that will let him browse, text and email. We actually saw the phone at the store and it was sleeker than I thought it would be. The ruggedness wasn't clunky looking at all, I am sure it will fit his needs but tips are always welcomed. The phone is arriving tomorrow and he doesn't know it yet, I just love surprises.05-05-2011 12:15 PM
- He's going to love it. I am really liking this phone more and more. The charging cradle on the Verizon site is a must. It keeps the phone more water proof by opening up the charging hinge less. When in the dock it goes to a desk clock, if you touch the gallery it runs through the saved photos, like a photo frame05-07-2011 10:21 AM
- I took the plunge a few minutes ago and ordered a Commando from Amazon Wireless..... $79.00. I had looked at the Commando at a local Verizon store, I think it was their first one. The sales gal had not even seen it yet. She checked the shipment they just got in, and it had one Commando. It felt good in the hand. Verizon's price was $266 out the door. Amazon was a big savings. The phone should get to me on the 11th.
I have totally been geeking/teching out on cell phones for the last few months. I just have an EnV2, and my screen is cracked. I have been limping along with it for months, looking at phones, pouring over these forums..... Thunderbolt, Bionic, Charge, Galaxy S2, dual core, 1.2 ghz, ffc, 1080p, hdmi, yada yada yada. I was wanting cutting edge and 4g. But, then by chance, I saw this phone. With my lifestyle... hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, and my work.. law enforcement, I thought it would be nice to have a phone I didn't need to baby. My duck hunting buddy dropped his Droid X into the bottom of the duck blind into a couple inches of water. Scratch one $600 Droid X. I always had my phone in a plastic baggie, and was worried about getting it wet or dropping it in the mud. When I go salmon or rock cod fishing on the ocean, my phone was always buried deep to keep the salt off it. So, I am hoping this phone is as tough as they say, and is still techie enough to not disappoint me.
I am new to the android scene. All of my friends that have android phones love them. I have an iPad (which is another reason I didn't think I needed a cutting edge phone), and Apple is easy. But, I didn't want a phone that was just like my iPad. I have been watching numerous videos on YouTube about the toughness of the g'zone phones. Pretty cool. Some people test to see if the phones are indestructable.... which they are not advertised to be. Why someone would purposely drop a 30 lb cinderblock on the phone and expect it to survive beats the heck out of me.
So, anxiously waiting. Not a whole lot of reviews yet on this phone from actual users, but most have been pretty positive. I think I can put up with a few quirks to get the toughness.
I will report back!05-07-2011 02:19 PM
- He's going to love it. I am really liking this phone more and more. The charging cradle on the Verizon site is a must. It keeps the phone more water proof by opening up the charging hinge less. When in the dock it goes to a desk clock, if you touch the gallery it runs through the saved photos, like a photo frame05-08-2011 07:45 AM
- So I surprised the hubby with the Commando and he is loving it! He had the orig. Droid but this phone fits his lifestyle so much better. He does hunt and fish and quite honestly is not kind to his phones so the durability is great. Hoping to get him the cradle soon. We got the case made for it free and honestly it makes the phone huge. lol I think he will only use it when he is going hunting and fishing for the added protection. I think this phone does not get enough credit in the world of the typical phones. He is having a blast with it though. He wanted to know if they would have an extended battery for it, but so far the answer seems to be no because it would be hard to maintain the integrity of the battery door. Battery life is good, but I think he got jealous seeing my ext. battery for my dinc2 lol.05-08-2011 05:16 PM
- So I surprised the hubby with the Commando and he is loving it! He had the orig. Droid but this phone fits his lifestyle so much better. He does hunt and fish and quite honestly is not kind to his phones so the durability is great. Hoping to get him the cradle soon. We got the case made for it free and honestly it makes the phone huge. lol I think he will only use it when he is going hunting and fishing for the added protection. I think this phone does not get enough credit in the world of the typical phones. He is having a blast with it though. He wanted to know if they would have an extended battery for it, but so far the answer seems to be no because it would be hard to maintain the integrity of the battery door. Battery life is good, but I think he got jealous seeing my ext. battery for my dinc2 lol.05-09-2011 12:12 AM
- I have had one for one week, my sentiments are like those of any Linux or open source advocate. Why Bing? Verizon also has loaded quite a bit of bloatware on it. However, I need a tough phone. My Motorola Droid (first edition) couldn't handle shocks too well and would dial people at random after wearing it while weedeating. I have not ordered the cradle yet, but will. I do like the phone and will be following all breaking news. Have a nice day.05-09-2011 10:45 PM
- Just played with it today in my local vz store. Screen is a bit small but other than that is a great looking device, all military like.
I kinda like the software layer they have on top of it, especially that little button you can drag across the screen and some apps come up in an arc. Nice
Had some different buttons on the side which kinda puzzled me. Overall good impressions, tho not my cup of tea.05-10-2011 07:06 PM
- I stumped 2 different Verizon sales people one did dent even know if they had the phone, I liked what I saw in the stores but what can you really find out in 20 min or so especially when the sales people don't know much. So I ordered one through Amazon only paid $79.00 for it great buy. When I got it and spent a couple of days with it it was some what different than my Droid Incredible which I gave to my wife I loved that phone. My BIGGEST disappointment was the totally archaic and in my opinion useless camera. The good thing is I only paid $79.00 . I like the total toughness and water resistance but had I know Casio didn't put any thought in the camera I would never have bought it CASIO what were you thinking???06-03-2011 11:21 PM
- 06-05-2011 08:52 PM
- I ordered my Commando last week before I left for the Hunting Camp and had it waiting for me when I got home yesterday! It's my first Smart Phone of any kind so I don't have anything to compare it to which means I have nothing negative to say about it. As somebody who lives in Florida, has a boat, and likes to hunt and fish the Commando is the perfect phone for me. It does everything I need it to do and more. I'd sure like to get the Desk Cradle for it but Verizon is currently sold out of them, I guess it's a popular item!07-11-2011 12:36 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Misc. Android Phones
Who ordered a Commando ?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD