any future device w/CDMA and GSM?

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Has there been any rumors of a true Android Worldphone in the works? I don't mean a GSM phone w/both US and European bands. There are too many big holes in US coverage on ATT/Tmobile for someone that travels frequently (especially on the 3G side of things). My perfect Android device would not only be high on the pecking order specs and OS-wise, but would be a Sprint-compatible CDMA phone w/a SIM slot that would allow it to work in Europe. I know there have been blackberries and WinMo phones on Verizon and Sprint that did this... but I'd love an Android phone that fit this description.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I don't think there is a real point to that. As much as I love android, there really is no market for it. I would venture to guess that 99% of people who have a job that requires them to travel around the world are probably provided by their company with a Blackberry world phone, eliminating the need to buy their own phone. Blackberrys are hard core business phones. You can't beat a Blackberry for that instant corporate email that is so important to business users. Blackberry pretty much runs corporate travel mobile needs. I'm sure someone could build a world phone using the android OS, but why? Most of these corporate users who use a world phone could care less about the OS on their phone, so they wouldn't buy a phone just for android. They would go for functionality which for business purposes would point them towards a blackberry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781