Subtle Ringing in silent mode?

debluvsdogs

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I just posted the above comment, but since then, I think I figured something out. AT LEAST how to instantly turn of the ringing. The ringing did return, but at least it's a way to stop it temporarily, and I won't have to throw it against a wall immediately. SO, from your main screen, hit your "menu" button, go to "settings", then go to "applications", then go to "manage applications", then at the top of the screen click on "running". Find "dialer" and click on it, hit "force stop" and the ringing instantly stops. Like I said, it didn't last TOO long, but this is more info than I've seen anyone else post about stopping the ringing at all. So I hope this helps even a little bit.
SO, after posting the last two comments, the ringing in the phone has stopped and has not returned. I haven't had any problems with the phone, as I thought there MIGHT be consequences to "force stopping" the dialer, but days later, no problems and no ringing. Maybe this IS the solution. YAY!!!

debluvsdogs

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
SO, after posting the last two comments, the ringing in the phone has stopped and has not returned. I haven't had any problems with the phone, as I thought there MIGHT be consequences to "force stopping" the dialer, but days later, no problems and no ringing. Maybe this IS the solution. YAY!!!
Problem's back! I AM still getting the ringing in the phone, even after "force stopping" it. So that's ONLY a TEMPORARY solution. So I still want to throw the phone against the wall! WHY doesn't ANYONE know how to permanently stop it??? Are the android experts stupid? I'm guessing yes!

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Android experts are not stupid, and that's now how you get help. I have never had this problem with my echo, have you tried returning it and getting a different one? Have you tried messing with the volume controls? There are apps that give you more volume control. Have you tried taking out battery and restarting the phone?

You should let everyone know what your call and sound settings are, maybe I have mine set differently, I can try and duplicate the problem.

Xoom: Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked at 1.4, and on Tiamat 2.0 Manta Ray.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and Awesome.
Source Code Released!!

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You know, I haven't even bothered with Silent mode. Airplane mode, yes. Lowering ring volume, yes. Just do not see the point of silent mode, especially as I can have it ring in headphones/earpiece instead.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently started having this issue along with near constant reboots. the only change I made was changing my network settings from Sprint only to roaming.

As soon as I switched it back to Sprint only the issues went away.

J

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this is a herpderp issue. (No signal? Check again. Still no signal? Check again. Uh-oh, something must be wrong with wireless driver. Let's panic the system and restart.)

I've seen it once or twice, but usually the phone can run for more than a week without issue. Sometimes have to reboot if Wifi discovery locks up.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second echo now. I still have not experienced this problem. The main difference I can think of is I'm rooted. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not.

Motorola Xoom 3g: Unlocked, Rooted, and on Tiamat 2.1.0 Tachi.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and waiting for Gingerbread.

meggerz

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So i had this issue and i juat fixed it for me... but idk if is temp. or not...
I went to manage applications in my settings hit dialer storage and cleared all data and it stopped immediately. And to check i tried changingv volume and it didnt say "in-call volume" anymore

Clayton S

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
My DNA has been making this quiet ringing tone every now and then. I have noticed it seems to do it more after the Bluetooth connection in my truck radio is shut off. I didnt make any calls prior to the ring. Just got out of my truck and the phone starts quietly ringing until i re-boot the phone or make a call. This is a real problem because you may think you are in silent or vibrate yet the phone will ring and no one is there. It has done it at least every few days. It doesn't matter if the ringer is off or on, and the ring isn't even my ringtone. Almost like a old fashioned telephone ring but rather quiet. I have not left my home calling area, so i don't think it has anything to do with roaming.:cool:

Ginny Cottrill

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been dealing with this issue now and then. It is going on right now and when I searched for an answer, I cam across yours just posted today. I too have a DNA. I got this phone about 3 months ago, so it is pretty new still.

Clayton S

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:
Got a replacement phone and it is doing the same thing! In the middle of the night it starts ringing an old fashioned phone ring and wont stop until re-boot or it stops the second i place an outgoing call to my voice mail. I can not count on this phone being in silent mode, it does it then too. Real hassle when in a meeting or important event and phone starts ring for no reason. I have not downloaded any programs at all so its not an external app problem. Happens randomly and sounds like a quiet old fashioned telephone ringer. It comes out of the earpiece not the rear speaker like the regular ringer does. Is happening about 4-5 times a week at all different times and locations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie