Uninstalling Pre-loaded apps
09-26-2011 03:04 PM
- I've been thinking of uninstalling the apps that came pre loaded with the ECHO. Especially the Sims and the various apps that just open up a web browser. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it before. And if so how did they do it...
I was going to follow this thread: Unwanted apps - Android Forums
... and just take my time with it and make sure I'm doing the correct things.
Just looking for any feedback from some more veteran devs.05-07-2011 06:25 AMLike 1
What are you using Root Manager to do on your Echo? Since there are no ROM's for the Echo, I was under the impression that Root Manager was a bit useless. Can you actually install Clockwork Recovery to the Echo?
J05-10-2011 08:46 AM
- 05-13-2011 08:53 AM
- [QUOTE=Ayryyn;900060]I believe you are thinking of Rom Manager. Root Manager is a simple program that has a few tools for rooted phones. I use it specifically for removing system applications.
Went system files have you safely removed? I got rid of the nascar app, sprint radio, gameloft apk, echo top apps and the namco apk.
J05-13-2011 09:05 AM
- Just a suggestion bro, if you delete all sprint's apps. You'll not have any OTA update by Sprint.
That's happen to my Echo, I deleted / uninstall all Sprint's apps, I didn't received any updated notification related to the new firmware that released June 2, 2011. So, I tried to updated manually via Setting menu, system update..download the kyocera updated tool when it finished, it can't be install..the warning said : "error 8507, upgrade cant be completed, please contact Sprint.
I compared with my friend's Echo which is still have Sprint's Apps, it received notification and new firmware is installed...
Now, I would like to ask, where can I have the Original / stock ROM for Echo? cause I tried factory reset / hard reset on my Echo, the deleted apps couldn't be restoreed...
Please advise..06-11-2011 07:37 AM
- 06-11-2011 07:46 PM
- Removing the apps doesn't affect the update. When my phone was stock and unrooted it still wouldn't update. I'm told that Spront is waiting to figure out the problem. Supposedly if Sprint reflashes the OS in the store then it might fix the update problem. I'm waiting for my local store to update their systems on Tuesday so they have the new software to reflash it.
Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk06-11-2011 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info bro, but I already conduct Hard Reset, the deleted apps didn't show up.
If it's not the problem, I also thought that this happen cause I'm not using sprint as the operator but my friend also not using sprint but he's got update for his Echo.
I just worried if Sprint or Kyocera already has plan to drop Gingerbread on Echo & update it via OTA, I guess I will not see it06-12-2011 08:57 AM
- You mean reflash it on Sprint's Store? That would be a problem cause I'm not living in US
I use other CDMA operator beside Sprint here & it works just fine.
Do you have the file so I can flash it offline in my own PC? or maybe the link so I can download it..
any help really appreciate it...thanks06-12-2011 09:28 PM
sabbys06-16-2011 09:48 AM
- I tried z4...force closed whenever i tried temp root. Tried Visionary method...phone locked up. used linda file manager and a few others....none worked. And even after ignoring the alerts that popped up from my AVG abti virus saying EVERYONE of those above mentioned files were corrupt...damn near every method is f ing up my phone. PLZ...if there is a real way to remove the PRE LOADED apps like amazon mp3 from the HTC EVO SHIFT 4G plz reply.09-26-2011 03:04 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Misc. Android Phones
Uninstalling Pre-loaded apps
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD