Just purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet... got some questions...

JamMasterClay

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got a ThinkPad tablet for use at school. There's a couple things I want to be able to do but I don't know if I can or how. I got all my books as ebooks, and I want to be able to take notes on the tablet. Is there any way to see my text book and a note taking app side-by-side? If there's no way to see two apps side by side, is there an app that allows for viewing ebooks and taking hand written notes at the same time?

Also, I'm curious about the buttons on the tablet ( home, back, web, rotate lock) is there any way to remap them to do different things? I would like to have one of the buttons toggle between the open app and the last one that was open.

Thanks!

Waterboy01

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet... got some questions

I was thinking about getting one for school as well and those are good questions. I would also like to know how you are liking it so far (these questions aside). Could you please provide a quick review?

JamMasterClay

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet... got some questions

Let me start off by saying that I bought it to replace a Windows 7 Tablet PC with Wacom digitizer. The tablet certainly cannot replace a full blown PC, but since I bought it I haven't carried my PC with me anywhere. Anything that cannot run on the tablet, I simply use Splashtop HD as a remote desktop connection. Other than one time that my power at home turned off rendering my PC unreachable, it has worked out very nicely. So far I have primarily used the remote desktop functionality to be able to do programming with visual studio, as well aas some Photoshop and illustrator work.

For taking notes i use Writepad Stylus. It is designed for writng with a stylus and has calibration built in. Also, it has palm detection. I should note however that in any app using the stylus disables any touch input. You have to have the stylus touch before your hand, but after that as long as the stylus doesn't move too far from the screen all touch input is ignored. The app has had 3 updates in the month I've had the device alone, with many great features added.

Overall I have been extremely happy with the device, and I'm looking forward to when the keyboard folio is available. It certainly can't replace a PC, but while not at home the remote desktop access has been more than sufficient.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza