Tablet for camping/games/e-reader/movies

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
My girl and I have gotten into camping lately, and one thing that has come up is it would be nice to watch a movie at night, either around the fire or in the tent. As there are so damn many tablets on the market here is what I am looking for:

Wifi only
7-10" screen. I dont need 1080 playback
SD card, or the ability to load movies we already have to internal storage
Android market so I can add games (mostly for my son)
e-reader app, or amazon app

I would love to run out and just buy an HTC or Xoom, I just cant see spending $500+ on one. Any suggestions would be great.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I always recommend the Asus Transformer because of the great viewing angle. And if you get the keyboard dock for it, then you have an easy way to hold the tablet up while watching the movie. Not too mention the advantage of having a keyboard. And that keyboard increases your battery life to 16 hours.

The Thrive is a solid, strong tablet that is currently on sale at Best Buy for 399.00. It has ports galore, including a full size HDMI port.

I just picked up the Acer a100 to try out a 7" tablet. Horrible viewing andle and a 4 hour battery life. Probably less watching video.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Vizio tablet, paid right under $325 for it after tax.

8" screen
MicroSD support up to 32GB
Decent battery life (box says up to 10 hours, I'm seeing 7-9 depending on wifi strength)

I tossed some videos on my sd card and downloaded Moboplayer from the market, snagged the required codex and got beautiful playback.

Just a suggestion, may be worth checking out.