Tablet or Netbook

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Which is better for a college student?

I need one or the other because my tight budget won't allow it.

It's between the LG G-Slate or the Dell Mini 4G netbook because I have a broadband plan with T-Mobile.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on what you need. Remember: a tablet gives you more portability but will never offer quite as robust experience as a laptop.

Are there specific things you are needing? I'm assuming you have some type of computer at home, yes?

Sent from my Sprint LG Optimus S running Gingerbread 2.3.3 using Tapatalk

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on what you need. Remember: a tablet gives you more portability but will never offer quite as robust experience as a laptop.

Are there specific things you are needing? I'm assuming you have some type of computer at home, yes?

Sent from my Sprint LG Optimus S running Gingerbread 2.3.3 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a PC. Though it's no required, there are some activities in class that students bring their laptops for. We access the WestLaw database often, and it's hard to navigate on my G-Slate. Maybe a Bluetooth keyboard will help, though.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
you might also want to take a look at the asus transformer. getting the keyboard dock for it has essentially allowed the transformer to replace my netbook. also, a new model of the transformer is coming out soon that is a slider that has the keyboard dock built in essentially

http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-launches-eee-pad-slider-page-still-no-release-date

I looked at the Transformer. I ruled it out for two reasons:

1) 10.1 inches is too big for me

2) It's Wi-Fi only

I could look into how much a Hotspot device costs and sell my G-Slate on EBay, though. I'm stuck in a contract on that broadband line, so I can't just drop it.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Does it seem like tablets are just a novelty; especially when you already own a smartphone and a PC. A netbook would be a novelty if I wasn't a student.