Taking the plunge

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Folks, it's time for a tablet for me. Help me out - I'm completely on the fence here. Galaxy Tab 10.1 or Xoom 10.1? I'm looking Wifi only, 32GB. I'm hope to hear where each shines, fails, and any place where one is clearly better than the other.

Thanks so much in advance!

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
If those are your only two choices I would go with the Galaxy Tab 10.1
If you are purchasing this moment, I would also look at the Asus Transformer.

Asus Transformer - Nice IPS screen, Asus supports the product with timely updates.
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 - Nice bright screen, Thin and lightweight.

If you can wait a week or so, I would go with the Asus Transformer Prime.
Quad Core, Great IPS screen, Asus Support, Super thin, Very light.

Hope this helped a little.

:)

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If those are your only two choices I would go with the Galaxy Tab 10.1
If you are purchasing this moment, I would also look at the Asus Transformer.

Asus Transformer - Nice IPS screen, Asus supports the product with timely updates.
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 - Nice bright screen, Thin and lightweight.

If you can wait a week or so, I would go with the Asus Transformer Prime.
Quad Core, Great IPS screen, Asus Support, Super thin, Very light.

Hope this helped a little.

:)

Hi End, yes, it did - thank you! I was looking at those two because ... well, I'd have to admit it, a mixture of ignorance and brand-racism. ;-) Seriously, Asus is good? I truly never would have considered it.

You say wait a week is that literal or figurative? Cuz surely I can wait for a killer product. I do see that Asus on CNET's top 5 tablets, too. Very interesting!

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi End, yes, it did - thank you! I was looking at those two because ... well, I'd have to admit it, a mixture of ignorance and brand-racism. ;-) Seriously, Asus is good? I truly never would have considered it.

You say wait a week is that literal or figurative? Cuz surely I can wait for a killer product. I do see that Asus on CNET's top 5 tablets, too. Very interesting!

A little of both lol. It is "supposed" to be out on December 19th, but there is some question if it will be. In addition, the pre-orders may be backed up a bit. Still, it should be soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams