I'm torn between tablets

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So here is my situation.

I was one of the early adopters and went out of contract and got a Motorola Xoom 3G for $800. After being promised for a while to be upgraded to 4G and looking for Motorola to take care of its customers, Motorola did nothing and by the time the Xoom got 4G, the Xoom 2 was already in the making and the value dropped. I was able to get $400 for it thank GD this past holiday season.

Now I was going to go after the Transformer Prime when it became available but then I started thinking it doesn't have 3G or 4G for that matter but the price is right and it is the only quad core tablet at the moment. But when I did go with carpool twice a week for about an hour each way, it would mean no connectivity unless I tether my 3G Droid Incredible 2 which would mean I could not make or receive phone calls and the speed would be anything less than stellar. Not to mention that if I were to receive a call while downloading something from the Market I would lose it mid download because you can't tether and be on the phone also. I also am worried about resell value. Yes it is better than the iPad but an Android Tablet loses its value fast vs the iPad only because it isn't recognized worldwide as superior. Think of the Evo vs iPhone YouTube video made by that Best Buy employee.

I was actually thinking about buying the iPad, yes really. But then thinking I would have to buy all my apps again even if I'm protected on the resale value. I also thought about getting a Samsung Galaxy 4G.

Now I think I'm going to stick with waiting for CES and MW in Feb before making a final choice.

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this and maybe any help you can offer - thanks

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
wait lol

ASUS plans to release a 3G version of the prime around the end of the 1 quarter so if you plan on waiting until February, then another month wouldn't hurt to get a 3G tablet with quad core and ASUS also has a really impressive track record in terms of updating its tablets

ASUS Confirms 3G Transformer Prime - Softpedia

That's for Europe. No time line for US

Sent from my Droid Inc2 using Tapatalk

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
And I don't think I'm going to with anything Asus after they pulled a bait and switch today releasing a new tablet and for more

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
And I don't think I'm going to with anything Asus after they pulled a bait and switch today releasing a new tablet and for more

I seen that and i kinda feel bad about recommending them to so many people, i hope there is more to this when the new tablet comes out like a discount to earlier buyers