Looking to get an Android Tablet

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So I just recently saved up some money and decided to get a tablet and since the Playbook is out of the picture for obvious reasons, and the iPad is as always overpriced that leaves me with an Android tablet (no complaints there as me and the Android are still a match made in heaven over here.)

My only problem: I have no idea which one to get so I thought I'd ask the community.

What I'm looking for in this tablet is:
-Good Battery
-High Specs (for the occasional game plus who doesn't like a fast machine?)
-Good for watching movies, tv shows, etc
-Decent price
-Good app selection

Don't really care about what brand it is.

Thanks in advance!

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
You looking for a 7 or 10 inch device?

A good 7 inch would be the Acer iconia a100. You can get a 16GB one used on Amazon for about 260. A good 10 inch for about that price would be the Acer iconia a500 at bensoutlet.com
Both are dual core and I believe both are on ics. Also bensoutlet.com also has an 8GB a100 for 180 and it is refurbished. Good tablets for a good price.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a deal on the Samsung Galaxy Tab right now. It's a Mother's Day weekend special, add a new line and get the tablet for $49.99.

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Wifi only version is not available at this price. They want to get $$$ for their data plan. If I was in the market for a tablet I would probably get this one.

stil29

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You looking for a 7 or 10 inch device?

A good 7 inch would be the Acer iconia a100. You can get a 16GB one used on Amazon for about 260. A good 10 inch for about that price would be the Acer iconia a500 at bensoutlet.com
Both are dual core and I believe both are on ics. Also bensoutlet.com also has an 8GB a100 for 180 and it is refurbished. Good tablets for a good price.

I have both the a100 and the a500 both great android tablets. Both great prices at bensoutlet and secondipity! Decide the form factor and pull the trigger!!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So I am new to the whole tablet world, but i'd like to get one for College. Forgive me for potentially asking a dumb question, but does "wi-fi only"" mean I wouldn't have to pay for a Data Plan? Does that mean I am not on any contract, I just use wi-fi to do the internet stuff? Thanks!

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
"wifi only" means it cannot access mobile data from a wireless carrier. Therefore, you cannot buy a mobile data plan for it. It will only be able to access the internet with a wifi connection.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc