TF Prime and Acer A100 lose internet after idle

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help me with this? I see this question pop up from others at times and I don't see any solutions.

My family has two tablets, an Acer A100 and a TF prime. Both stock. After being idle for a while (almost always overnight), the tablets will lose connection to the internet. They will still be connected to wifi, but they will not be connected to the internet. The wifi icon turns from blue to white, and it's as if I had unhooked the modem but left the router still powered on. I know by my other wired devices that things still work fine. My phones and laptop still keep their connection. Although, my desktop, which has a wireless adapter, has this trouble from time to time as well.

The only solution I have found to the problem is to turn off wifi and turn back on.

What is my problem?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It could just bee a deep sleep issue

Go into your settings, then wifi and network (if available), then click on wifi. In the upper right hand corner you should see a menu button (3 vertacl dots)

Then you should be at a new menu and see some along the lines of wifi sleep policy. You can change it to always have wifi, most likely you tablets are set to turn wifi off when the screen turns off

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but the option is already set to "always". I haven't found a solution. I set up a schedule using timeriffic to turn on and off the wiring every morning at 4 am but it still times out by the time I get to it mid morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the tablets power saver features? Try looking into those

Are you using a battery optimizer or battery sager app like juice defender. If so those apps will turn off wifi so you can try adjusting those settings

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No apps downloaded to manage the battery, and I'm not sure of any stock battery saver settings. But, ill look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital