Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to android tablet a few questions if I may.

Hi folks,

I got this llittle tablet and having good fun messing around with it.

Runs great on most apps I didn't expect much for the money but was pleasantly surprised.

It can be slow loading web pages though, I have tried to disable load images but doesn't make much of a difference, have tried using a netgear router and the latest talktalk one but no difference there either.

I have got the dolphin and maxthom browsers which improve it a bit, but no where as quick as desktop and still get loading errors and wait messages.

1 Its ICS on this tablet, I get messages about an update for flash in bbc iplayer app but should I just let things as they are and not update it, just click update lateras its running ok streaming bbc programes?

2 Is there any point in upgrading to jelly bean as I see it for download in the play store, or could upgrading mess up the tablet?

3 Is there a way to back up my tablets data image to a computer (something similar to acronis true image on a desktop) so that if anyone goes wrong with data in tablet it will be easy to restore it, or is this not needed?

Any tips appreciated Thanks very much indeed.

Joe
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Re: New to android tablet a few questions if I may.

Your link was broken. What make and model of tablet is it?

Default Re: New to android tablet a few questions if I may.

Hi there

Glad you enjoy your tablet.

I'm no Android expert and I'm happy to be corrected by wiser folk, but in terms of Flash, not all browsers have Flash support. The stock Android browser does, not so sure about those two you're using. If you're on ICS, have you tried Chrome browser? Its plenty fast. Alternatively, Opera Mini is a fast browser (no Flash support though).

Not so sure about back ups, but there's a swathe of backup apps over at Play.

Finally, JB. Probably worth a try as it's optimizations should provide an altogether smoother experience.

Happy browsing!

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Android Central Forums