new to the tablet game. what tablet game with questions.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
As in what? Screen resolution, ram, processor, input methods?

Most tablets with Android on them are similar in specifications dual core processors, 16 or 32GB of storage, wifi, Bluetooth, etc.

If there is something specific your friend is looking at, it would be better to know to make a good recommendation. There aren't too many new Android tablets that don't run ICS or Jellybean out of the box, and run them fast and efficiently.

I don't know of too many Android tablets that can stack up to the retina display on the iPad, but a few come close.

Storage is kind of moot to a degree. Ipad comes in 16, 32 and 64 GB if I remember correctly. Most Android tablets have the ability to add sd cards to increase usable storage. I have a 16GB Note 10.1 with a 32GB sd card for a total of 48GB. I will probably never use that much space but it is nice to have. If I need more, I just buy a larger card.

Screen size, the majority are 7" or 10". iPad is 9 or so.

Google Play has lots of apps, but not all of them are tablet compatible, yet. The devs are working on them I am sure, as the Nexus 7 has helped to push tablet sales up. Other than that, most of the well known apps like Facebook, Twitter etc. have functioning tablet apps.

The Samsung Note 10 is a new tablet that incorporates a digitizer for better handwriting recognition. Most tablets I have seen or read about can take handwritten notes, just not as well as the Note in my opinion. Not trying to be biased, but if your fiend is an MD and needs something like that, the Note 10 is worth looking at.

I am sure others will come along and add more info to this short list.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question