best tablet?

New to tablets

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't yet have a tablet but have a few unique things I am looking for. I want to be able to easily connect my new tablet to my pc to download files like recipes from my (wired) internet. I know wifi is the way to go but don't want to get it at this time. I also want expandable memory, and something inexpensive. Any ideas? Thanks!

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
seriously?

you want a tablet but have no interest in getting a cheap $20 router... I must say with out radios or wifi then your tablet is very much a brick. You wont be able to access playstore or the like. And thoughts of roaming the internet are useless.. how exactly do you plan on using this. I mean if your looking to just put on music movies and a few pdfs or whatever then i'd say anything is fine. hell you can get a cheap $100 tablet to meet your needs.

I want to help but need for specifics. So far all i got is that you want to be able to read docs and have no way of connecting to the internet.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you can connect any Android tablet to a computer to transfer files to it, but I would really reconsider your stance on wireless internet. One of the most useful ways you can use a tablet is to go on the internet from anywhere in the house and in the comfort of your favorite chair etc. As far as expandable memory goes, you won't need it if you get a device that has enough to begin with. Many of these have quite a lot. No offense but the fact that you don't have wireless and want to load recipes tells me you are probably not a power user who is going to need 100 GB for tens of thousands of mp3s and pirated movies. You would probably never come close to filling up a 16 GB tablet.

My advice is to get the 16 GB Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is by far the best small tablet on the market. Way better than the Kindle and nook and worlds better than the $99 cheapo Chinese drug store specials.

You cant go wrong with a Nexus 7. And for the love of God, get a wireless router. A Nexus 7 and a wireless router to connect it to will change your whole world, believe me. You can even get some nice recipe apps for it and stream music to it while you cook. :)

Richard Kaplan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Even having thousands of mp3's is not an issue for Nexus 7. Google gives pretty much unlimited cloud storage for them and I have yet to see a lag when playing them.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
take a look at the kobo arc. up to 64gb storage.better screen than the nexus7, 1.5 dual core google certified and very little interference in the os. tapestries more of a launcher and easily replaced

jamesbarns

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Like everybody else here says, you really need to upgrade to a wireless router. I would highly recommend for your case, getting the Google Nexus 7 as well. It is inexpensive and has a lot of power to it, plenty of power to handle of bunch of recipes (To say the least). Best of luck.
-----------------------------------------
James
Best Affordable Tablets

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 and would recommend it to you. I'll also mirror others opinions that you need a wireless connection. You need one to be able to do simple tasks such as downloading apps and surfing the Web.

Actually, on your PC, download an application called 'Connectify'. This should turn your PC's wired connection into a wireless hotspot. Use the trial version that I use, you shouldn't ever need to pay.

Hope this works :)

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc