- 5 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
getting apps on a cheap 2.2 device
Hi all, a friend has got a generic cheap tablet for her daughter (well, its got a built in keyboard and doesnt have a touch screen!!) with the following firmware on it.
Generic-eng2.2 froyo ver1.5.5-20110920.083830
i believe it is this EPC-7000S 7 inch Google Android 2.2 External Keyboard Support RJ45 Notebook White For Sale - Gadgetsdealer.com
obviously not good. I've tried to add some more apps to it but I just cannot get them to launch.
I'm just trying to port over free apps. Things like more angry birds etc.
I've tried backing up using ES file explorer from my play and then installing via USB but they just dont load. (been trying this way as it wont connect to any wifi network!)
Has anyone got tips of getting them on? Or better still how I could upgrade the rom to either get wifi to work (so that I could get the friend to log in for her gmail account to download the normal way) or get some 2.3 on there perhaps?
If its not worth it though feel free to say that as well!!
- 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM #2
Re: getting apps on a cheap 2.2 device
I'm not sure it would be worth it. First of all, it's not got a touch screen, which means most apps are going to be a royal pain to navigate with. It feels like a cheap MacBook Pro running Android in my eyes lol. Secondly, upgrading the ROM will most likely involve rooting and flashing different ROMs onto it. Which I've heard flashing ROMs is the pain as it is very easy to brick the device if you don't do it right. So yeah, just bear that in mind.
- By TBDreamer in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 8Last Post: 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
- By Moviecouple in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
- By yossi in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 4Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:36 AM
- By oron50 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:39 AM
- By 0xel in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM