Chinese android tablet wifi problem

abuck01

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi to all

I have acquired a 7" chinese tablet from a friend who gave up with it because the wifi will not turn on, as soon as you turn it on it turns back off. I was wondering if flashing it with new firmware might fix it because several factory resets have failed to fix the issue. Having done a bit of digging around it would appear that this is a minefield for the uneducated such as myself. The make and model is unknown, there is no text or name of any kind on it but the info in the "about phone" section states the following:

Model number - SoftwinerEvb
Android version- 4.0.4
Baseband version- 1.5
Kernal version - 3.0.8+android3@Linux#80 Wed Nov 7 15:50:34 CST 2012
Build number - nuclear_evb-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121108

any help here would be great else I fear it may have to be filed under "B"

Andy ZS6ADY

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I am sitting with a similar problem with the same type of Tablet.

The tab picks up the wi-fi and connects to it, but then error message comes up "Authentication Problem".
Bit annoying that one cannot get these thongs to work, but then I suppose this is what happens when people want to buy cheap and not original.

Nicolalose

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know if the region where you buy your devices means that you end up with a different piece of hardware but I have this similar WIFI problem only after I've updated to 4.1.2 and above.

I have a NOTE 2 LTE bought in HongKong. I used it in China and I had no problem at all until I updated to 4.1.2 last week. And I have a hell of a problem to connect to WIFI. Sometimes I have to forget the network, reconnect and reenter the pwd for it to work. Sometimes, I have to reboot the phone.

I have the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 when I installed the latest Cyanogenmod build, 4.2.2.

So my guess is that it is software related! The updates killed the WIFI. The behavior is so erratic (works now, doesn't work in 30 minutes...). It's very annoying.

If someone knows the reason and has a solution, please share.

NL

abuck01

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The tablet I have does not do what you describe, when I try to switch the wifi on, it just turns straight back off again although the display indicates that it is actually 'turning on wi fi'. I suspect that re flashing with a different ROM might fix it, but its finding the right one. The device is already rooted and everything is in place to do a ROM update, I just need the right ROM.

abuck01

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I did a bit of digging around and it turns out there is a conflict with the wireless driver failing to load when requested, I would really like to flash a new rom to the device but not sure how to go about it. I do know that Clockworkmod will not yet work with my model which is SoftwinerEvb on a A10 processor so don't know what else there is to use. I need to backup my current rom before I do anything else but have not had any success there either. I have downloaded QtADB for windows which allows me to connect to my device but that's it, attempts to backup my rom with it have proved fruitless. Can anyone recommend a utility which will allow me to back up my rom ?

Chris Harborow

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i have been given the task of fixing the gaffer's softwinerEVB tablet, the wifi keeps disconnecting.

it says;
connecting...
obtaining i.p address...
connected...
saving...

then repeats again and keeps repeating.
The internet does connect, but only for that brief period of time when it says connected.

ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I really need some help with this piece of Chinese junk, so if anybody has any ideas of how to fix this issue, please help me.

Abner Chamate

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello

There are many android tablets out there and to find your exact firmware is not easy task, specially with unfamous brand. But there is hope and somethings you can try: Find your brand and model with BUILD PROP APP, if your tablet is dead you need to open and see board, take a good PHOTO and look for numbers, something like, maybe TR739 V10 or GTK70 (those are my chinese tablet), first one wifi not working as yours after flashing SANEI N73 firmware... there is no fix at this moment after looking everywhere but tablet works except wifi. If you need install programs download from pc and copy to tablet with MOBILEGO from wondershare. That�s for now. Hope it helps. And keep looking or wait a few weeks for other solution.

Some tablets require to copy update.img to sdcard, if is compatible it loads automatically and reboots by itself, if is not compatible NOTHING IS DONE, at least with mine, COLORTAB or some sort of Sanei N73 (rk2928-G)

Last edited by a moderator:

Caronte8

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
newbslayerCM
So what you mean with """not use and capital letters"""????
I have the same trouble with mi Ctab743, i put other Firmware, all work except wifi
somebody solve this trouble...

6646j

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, wifi turning off before it connects. Seemed to happen following an electrostatic discharge, so it MAY be hardware related. However, I have seen youtube videos on opening the case and placing the antenna somewhere different, (not next to the battery, or on the battery, or strip off the antenna plate and attach the signal wire to the display screen shielding, etc.) I plan on trying one of those fixes this weekend to see. In the meantime, has anyone tried the "wifi fixer" app for this issue?

Carylanne Hunte

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I opened up my tablet, removed the wifi antenna where it was next to the battery and placed it far away from the battery. Worked like a charm. My wifi switch stays on, connects nicely and I haven't had a problem since. Try this before doing anything else.

Gopal369

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Sanei N90 tablet. It was working fine till I did factory reset. The wifi is not working. I opened the cover, but the antenna is not freely movable. How did you move the antenna? Could you please explain.
Thanks a million in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to an 8 year old thread, with the last response being 7 years ago, so you're not going to get a response from these folks.:-\ You're better off creating a new thread for your question -- make sure to include the make and model of the tablet you have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon