Which tablet suits me best? Nexus 7? Asus memopad 10?

MetalmanIX

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok so here's the deal:
Am looking to take some time off my laptop by getting a tablet to handle my daily not so demanding tasks, like playing a few arcadish games, watching series and movies, doing some browsing and outputting movies to my tv through hdmi.

So some things I can definitely live without on a tablet:
  • Data connection like 3G and LTE, really useless for my needs.
  • Cameras, don't really have any need for them.
  • Reading magazines, ebooks, newspapers etc
  • GPS, again kinda useless for me.
  • Lastly, don't really care that much about portability as I will only use it inside the house.

Now things that are absolutely mandatory for my needs:
  • HDMI out. Its just a must to be able to watch movies on my tv without having to move my 3.5KG laptop around the house.
  • A nice display so I can watch HD movies with subs smoothly while I am in bed(are 7inches really enough for this?).
  • Storage, definitely 16GB onboard and a way to expand the storage like SD cards or USB OTG will do to.

Now the Asus Google Nexus 7 FHD has really caught my attention since I can get it on a plan for about 80euros over 24 months and not cash out 260euros at once just like that but 2 things really concern me about it.
Firstly after some research I can see that the slimport which outputs to the tv is really really buggy and need an extra adapter.
Secondly, I have never ever touched a tablet before so I don't really know how enjoyable it would be watching a movie on 7 inches on a tablet instead of my 17inch laptop. Are 7inches really comfortable for movies? Or is for this cause a 10.1inch tablet is the only way?
Going on a good 10.1inch one really exceeds my budget. The nexus 10.1 is a whooping 420euros and I think its too much.
The Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10 is the only 10.1inch device I could find that suits my needs but really lacks some quality in screen and 2 cores on the cpu. Its also 300euros right away.

Any other suggestions? Should I just go with the nexus 7 or do I have other options for my budget?

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
What do you think about a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014? Pretty good display, nice for watching video. What do you think?

MetalmanIX

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
What do you think about a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014? Pretty good display, nice for watching video. What do you think?

its a really shiny tablet but i dont really have a use for the stylus or taking notes dont u think its gonna be a waste?
Also it reatails at around 560euros which is a no go at this time.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10