Laptop or Android Tablet?

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am having a tough time deciding on whether to replace my old laptop with a new laptop [running Windows 7] or waiting on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet.

I travel to/from work via the train (one hour each way) and love to read, listen to music, podcasts, etc. BUt I don't know if the tablet will be able to (wirelessly) print and connect to my current speakers at my house.

I currently own an HTC EVO and love it but would probably sell the EVO and just use the tablet if it has all of the capabilities that the EVO has. I very rarely use the phone so that is not a major factor in my decision.

Any thoughts?

VespaMatt

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
What do you need to print? The new HP printers have e-mail addresses so you can send documents or attachments to them and have them printed out wirelessly, no special drivers required. They start at about $100.

As a former iPad user who is now waiting for the Tab, let me ask... do you have another computer? A tablet as your only computer will probably not leave you satisfied. A tablet really is the perfect companion to another computer since you will probably always need a computer to do occasional heavy lifting.

I think the tab will make a great ereader, music player, etc... but there will be situations where you need more. I'm buying one to do that - kindle app, light web browsing, music, movies, etc... but trust me, even though I think it will be more capable than an iPad, I think a tablet can make mundane tasks ridiculously drawn out and annoying for what would be mind numbingly easy on a full desktop OS.

If you really wanted a tablet as your sole computer I'd have to say most people would need one running Windows and not a blown up phone OS. Since you already have the Evo you should have a pretty good grasp of whether or not thats honestly capable enough.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
^ Agree completely. We have not reached the point where Tablets will do everything we need them to do or are a suitable replacement for an actual laptop.

5 years down the road however, my guess is that they will be though. Just not yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21