What do you use your tablet for?

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Whether you're getting a XOOM or own a G-tab, I'm curious to know... what exactly do you use your tablet for?

I'm not willing to drop $400-600 on a keyboardless device that just plays games and surfs the web decently. Games are not all that important to me.

What cool uses do you have for it? How are you best utilizing it? What are some of your favorite apps?

epyon

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Browsing the web, checking email, listening to music, checking RSS feeds, watching youtube, etc. Almost everything I normally use my laptop for.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Browsing the web, checking email, listening to music, checking RSS feeds, watching youtube, etc. Almost everything I normally use my laptop for.

Do you miss the keyboard? Would you rather have a similarly sized laptop?

Too late now since I bought the G Tab on woot, but just curious.

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I use it everyday on the train - about 50mins into NYC each way to:
- read news feeds
- eBooks to study for a certification exam
- download TV seasons to it for when I want to relax on the ride
- play brain games to get my mind off the crappy day

I also use it to do my ebanking, trading and personal emails from the office so the IT dept can't snoop on me.

Jovian

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Other than the web surfing youtube stuff I like it as an reader too. You have access to both nook and kindle books, so if one doesn't have it then the other probably will or google books. My laptop died so I thought I would go with a tablet/desktop combo, it will cost as much as a higher end gaming laptop, except the desktop will be more easily upgradeable and I am not abusing one machine for everything. It's a great couch potato device.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk