1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Comicbooks on iPad vs Android 10.1"

How do comic books look on the Android Honeycomb 10.1 tablets compared to the iPad? I've used an iPad in the past and remember having to zoom out some. Does the increased pixel density and length help?

Thinking about getting the Toshiba Thrive.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default Re: Comicbooks on iPad vs Android 10.1"

I had the same question. If anyone has any info, would love to know.

ROM
    Stock

Comixilogy's app called simply 'Comics' let's you view full page. It also has a guided view for pane to pane viewing. Try it out and see. I think it works well.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Either platform has plenty of good apps for viewing comics, so the question simply about screen quality and weight. While some Android tablets have higher DPI, they also tend to be widescreen. Meaning that the comics will be constrained by the same 800 pixel width as the Apple tablet. Assuming the Android device has a quality display, the final output will be essentially the same. Next up is weight. 1.6lbs (Thrive) vs 1.33lbs (iPad). It may not seem like much, but lighter is better when you holding up the device.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

If comic books are your thing, don't get the thrive. You probably want lighter weight. The Tab 10.1/iPad 2 are both thin, light, and require adapters for I/O ports. The Thrive is fat, but has tons of I/O built in. I'd go with the thin and light for comics, and the fatty for a portable media center.