Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android tablet and wireless printing options

I have a friend that wants to buy an Android tablet and a wireless printer to do things wirelessly. I am wondering what options for printers and apps to do printing because there is no computer to share the printer. I am not worried about the tablet just the printer. I just wanna know some recommendations on printers and such.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Re: Android tablet and wireless printing options

There is an application PrinterShare Mobile USA LLC. The I have used it often to print to my canon wireless printer. Seems to work pretty well.

I want to do the same thing. I was discussing it with the doctor I work for and he said I will need a wireless router. Is this true or can it be done without a router?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

You'll need a router.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Yep, our new HP printer connected to the router wirelessly using the WPS button on the front of our Netgear router. Like someone else said, the app "PrinterShare Mobile Print" works flawlessly using my NookColor. It's a paid app but it came up as the free app of the day a couple months ago in the Amazon appstore.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

I have the printer share appilication but cannot print emails from my samsung tab. I keep getting a message saying i can only print to samsung printers. I can print saved pictures and documents but I need to print emails. do you have the same problem?

Sent from Galaxy Tab 8.9 using TapaTalk