Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jc3

Default advice?

about to buy a tablet in the next coming week or so, thought you guys would know a thing or two about it.

my preferences: around 10" screen, flash support, not too expensive tho i don't really have a set budget atm, and i guess that's about it....

anyway, so far i've narrowed it down to the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1

what are your guys thoughts/suggestions?

Default Re: advice?

The transformer is an all around good device. It has a lot of features, relatively cheap. Nice big screen and the keyboard docks opens up a lot of doors. And it will probably be the first tegra 2 tablet to get an official ICS OTA update(outside of the Xoom)

Other options to consider would be the Acer Iconia 500 and the Toshiba Thrive. All three have 10 screens, android, flash support, extra port features, tegra 2 processor, and most likely have an ICS update coming
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Jc3

Default Re: advice?

Hmm, I had considered the Toshiba but preferred the Asus over that mostly because of form factor (didn't really like the thickness of the Toshiba). I hadn't even considered looking at Acer as it has always seemed like an off brand to me... maybe that isn't the case. but the Iconia has really got me stumped... I don't know which I would prefer now, the Transformer or the Iconia. The Transformer dock really doesn't fit into the equation for me, the reason we are getting a tablet is because we are sick of laptops. I like the design of the iconia better, the metal is nice as is the usb port. But Asus is a brand I trust and use a lot and it's about $100 cheaper for what seems to be about the same product.... oh what to do.
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'm waiting for the new Samsung Galaxy tablet. Hopefully it's shown at MWC at the end of the month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Fry457