Tegra 2 vs Snapdragon????

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So my wife has the Samsung galaxy 8.9 with the Tegra 2 chip. I liked it so I bought the ATT 8.9 so I could have a data plan. Well come to find out, it doesn't have the Tegra 2 it has the snapdragon processor. Can someone tell me how these two compare? What?s irritating is that I cannot load my Gameloft games on mine but they can be downloaded on hers!

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure about the specs but I know about Gameloft. Even if your tablet can run the game, if Gameloft has not tested it, they will not show it. However if you tell the site it is a similar tablet or phone, you can run it. Example :when I got my Evo 3d, Gameloft did not have any games for it. I told the site I had an HTC Sensation as it is a very similar phone. The games run fine.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
In terms of the tablet differences. Your tablet (the i957 ATT LTE) has a Qualcomm 1.5GHz Snapdragon S3? processor. The gt7310 wifi only model uses NVIDIA's 1GHz tegra 2 chipset.

To Answer your question, whats the difference.
NVIDIA has secured a lot of licensing deals with game developers. What that means is the the tegra chipsets are usually given priority when developers are building games. 2011 was the year of the tegra 2 chip which lead to a LOT of games like Gameloft and EA titles getting optimized to run on the tegra 2 architecture and every other processor was largely left alone.

For what its worth, I think 2012 will be the year of the Snapdragon S4, that doesn't do you much good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12