Craig CMP741D/E from CVS: reviews?

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the weekly CVS ad when I saw a Craig CMP741D/E (depending on the store, it's D or E) for $99, which would make it the cheapest ICS tablet on the market. What I was thinking was to wait for CVS to dish out its 20-25% coupons to load to my ExtraCare card and buy it for $75, just to see if I could toy around with it. Has anyone bought one and liked it? And also, has a root method been established for it yet so I could try to get Google Play on it?

bikdav

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
About four weeks ago, I bought one of these to try. My Archos 80 g9 is dying. Sadly, I cannot give the CVS Craig CMP 741 at thumbs up. Granted, the wifi stayed connected very solidly (unlike my Archos which is getting worse by the day). But, that was the only good part about the Craig - at least with the one that I got. First, the aspect ratio was messed up bad. When viewing in "widescreen" images were stretched way too wide. When viewing "page wise" images were stretched too high. I double checked this with known perfect circle images and it was crazy obvious. Second, I also had trouble with the keyboard. For some reason, the keyboard was small and that made typing harder. Third, the general picture sharpness was bad. Forth, you have to obtain apps from Getjar or Amazon. You cannot get any direct from Google itself. Amazon wouldn't have been a problem, but Getjar was unacceptable. For these reasons, I returned the tablet to CVS for a refund. If my experience is any indication, I'd avoid the CVS Craig CMP741d.

CaliberSRT4

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I work at a CVS. Dont buy it. Not worth it. Unless you are giving it for a child

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance