Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By PSUGradAtl
  • 2 Post By socialcarpet
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Looking for best tablet under $450

I'm in the market for a new tablet, what's the best one for under $450, that has a front camera.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Banned

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Re: Looking for best tablet under $450

Nobody? Should I consider an ipad?

Personally I would get a Nexus 7 as it's the best value and is an all round great tablet. I love mine and use it heaps. If you need something bigger and you want iOS then the iPad is your only choice but I think the Nexus 7 is the best android tablet.
    Good luck on your decision,

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    Personally I would get a Nexus 7 as it's the best value and is an all round great tablet. I love mine and use it heaps. If you need something bigger and you want iOS then the iPad is your only choice but I think the Nexus 7 is the best android tablet.
    Good luck on your decision,

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks! I'm actually leaning toward the Nexus already lol.

Ha. "Should I consider an iPad?" That's one way to get a response on an Android Fan site...

I am not a tablet owner yet but I have been considering one for a long time. I have used a 1st Gen iPad a moderate amount and talked a lot with a friend who is an iPhone and iPad fan.

In general, I have just been reluctant to spend so much money (~$400) for something that seems to have so much less capability than a laptop. On top of that, I am an Android fan but Android tablets seem so less stable and polished than iPads. Considering these things, the Nexus 7 seems to have really filled in the gaps, especially with the 32GB version. The Kindles were half way there but the limited ecosystem turned me away.
    TomsAndroid and neonworm like this.

I just bought a Nexus 7 after a long break from Android. I had an awful experience with an LG phone running gingerbread.

I'd just about given up on Android, but I decided to give the Nexus 7 a try, after all what did I have to lose for only $199-249?

I'm happy to tell you this device is really exceptional. It singlehandedly changed my whole opinion of Android. It is the best 7" tablet on the market hands down. It absolutely stomps all the other small Android tablets including the Kindles and nook. I'd say it's arguably one of the best tablets you can get of any size actually.

Android has come a long way since my last gingerbread device. Jelly bean is far more polished and slick and getting a Nexus device means you get pure, unadulterated Android free of skins and junk that slow the device down and you'll be free to get OS updates as they come out.

It's an easy decision, It outclasses all the other devices in its class, only the iPad mini comes close and the Nexus offers higher resolution, twice the RAM, twice the memory and a faster processor for $100 less. Game over.

Best purchase I have made all year. I feel like I am stealing paying only $249 for this thing. It would still be a good deal for $349. At $249 its an incredible value.
    Thanked by:
    SonDan and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman11 View Post
    I'm in the market for a new tablet, what's the best one for under $450, that has a front camera.
    What did you end up doing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

what about samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. The price is around $500 in China. I don't know how much does that cost in other place.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman11 View Post
    What size do you want?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2