Tablet Stolen, advice needed

roartomroar

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The other day my brother put his Samsung tablet up for sale on Craigslist. He got an asnwer about it within a couple days and he wiped it to get ready to sell it. When he took it to where he was supposed to meet the fellow who was to purchase it, the guy paid him with counterfeit cash. He filed a police report and all that jazz, but he is wondering if there is anyway to locate where the tablet is via apps, or whatever would work. He doesn't have the serial number and has tried contacted Samsung and they pointed him to Samsung Dive, but he isn't sure if it will work. Would anyone happen to have any advice? It would be most appreciated :)

EDIT: I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to post this.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The other day my brother put his Samsung tablet up for sale on Craigslist. He got an asnwer about it within a couple days and he wiped it to get ready to sell it. When he took it to where he was supposed to meet the fellow who was to purchase it, the guy paid him with counterfeit cash. He filed a police report and all that jazz, but he is wondering if there is anyway to locate where the tablet is via apps, or whatever would work. He doesn't have the serial number and has tried contacted Samsung and they pointed him to Samsung Dive, but he isn't sure if it will work. Would anyone happen to have any advice? It would be most appreciated :)

EDIT: I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to post this.

Get the guys email from Craigslist. U can search for Who He is that way. Unless He used a fake name. Do u know Where He's from? Maybe the place they met would have it on surveillance. Doesn't hurt to ask, just tell them what time and date it was. Good luck n I'm sorry this happened. When u find the guy, punch him n his throat!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

roartomroar

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Get the guys email from Craigslist. U can search for Who He is that way. Unless He used a fake name. Do u know Where He's from? Maybe the place they met would have it on surveillance. Doesn't hurt to ask, just tell them what time and date it was. Good luck n I'm sorry this happened. When u find the guy, punch him n his throat!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
The problem is; he called under a restricted number. A cellphone service provider cannot give out a number unless they are under court request. I was hoping to find some source or software that I could use to track down the tablet. I can try to see if there was cameras, but that won't help me find it :/

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem is; he called under a restricted number. A cellphone service provider cannot give out a number unless they are under court request. I was hoping to find some source or software that I could use to track down the tablet. I can try to see if there was cameras, but that won't help me find it :/

Since you wiped the tablet there is no way to be able to track it down through software. Your best bet would be to try and contact Craiglist and get his info.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If your Google account is still logged into that device you can install an App named " Plan B" remotely from the Google Play Store & track it.