1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Andoid user with questions about the Window (YuanDao) N70HD and Nabi 2.

I currently have an iPhone 4S for my phone, I have a Sony Google TV at the office, I just ordered a Window (YuanDao) N70HD tablet for myself, I just purchased a Nabi 2 tablet for my son, and I believe my wife got me a Vizio Co-Star for every room in the house for Christmas. I think I'm going to get my wife an android tablet as well for Christmas, but I haven't made up my mind on which one yet. This year we are jumping head first into Android, and if all goes well, next year our phones will also be Android as well.

General question: When rooting a device do you lose everything on the device that was on it before rooting?

N70HD: I liked the specs and price of the N70HD, so I ordered it. I've been reading it doesn't come with full market access, but that it can be rooted for improved market access. First: what do I need to know before I attempt this as a newbe? Second: Has anyone here rooted the N70, N70S, or N70HD? I'd like to have all the info so when it arrives I can root it right away.

Nabi 2: Also I purchased a Nabi 2 for my son for Christmas. I took it out of the box, set it up, and loaded the Amazon App store so I could easily get Netflix on the Nabi 2. Is there anything I need/should do with this device still? Do you recommend rooting? I want to get this all set up and wrapped to put under the tree for him.

Tablet for my wife: She would use it for internet, email, and reading books, thats about it. Can anyone recommend a simple inexpensive tablet for her? Should I just do a Kindle Fire or Nook HD? Those can be rooter correct? Would there be any benefit to it for her?
    Last edited by Brian202020; 12-01-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: New Andoid user with questions about the Window (YuanDao) N70HD and Nabi 2.

rooting alone will not get rid of anything on your device, when you start adding custom roms you will have to wipe data and the like
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: New Andoid user with questions about the Window (YuanDao) N70HD and Nabi 2.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    rooting alone will not get rid of anything on your device, when you start adding custom roms you will have to wipe data and the like
    Thank you.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I found this. Than anyone verify that it works?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

In case anyone is curious I was able to root the N70HD easily using the info zeroflame posted on post #60 in the link below.

Get your wife a nexus 7. Its the best 7" tablet on the market and its only $199. Can't beat it. Not sure about YuanDao though, never heard of it. I can tell you the Nexus 7 is made by Asus though, which is a company I've actually heard of, and it has the same resolution as the YuanDao N70 HD and a faster processor and better graphics chip.

here I found full roted rom,and unlocked market,it works ok
    Thanked by:
    rowwor 

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Oops, sorry, I didn't see this in time but stil wanted to offer some additional info for the Nabi. The Nabi can be rooted, and you can find info on that by Googling, but Fuhu has said that it will void your manufacturers warranty if you do this. However, even without rooting you can still load all Google apps on it:

The only thing that won't work is Google Play. Or, it will work, but not completely - you can download books or movies, but you can only browse apps, but download/update them. You can however sideload apps from Google Play if you have another Android device. This site mentions three different ways of accomplishing that (I do it via my Dropbox account):

Finally, you should definitely do the system updates that are available for the Nabi, as they come with lots of fixes and enhacements as well as a new game:

Finally, check out the Nabi Facebook Page. Currently, for better or worse, that is Fuhu's main conduit for both support and information: